Glenbrook Meetup in Chicago - Wednesday, Feb 25
- Glenbrook's Carol Benson and Erin McCune will be in Chicago this week and will be hosting a Glenbrook Meet Up on Wednesday, Feb 25. We hope you can join them and network with other friends of Glenbrook. Click here for details on registering for the Meet Up.
On the Web:
- Amex’s Loss in Court May Not Help Consumers - New York Times Dealbook - "The result, at best, will be that fees will come down for retailers but they will pocket the difference and simply end up with bigger profits."
- Google-Softcard deal notwithstanding, Android payments still an open field - Mobile Commerce Daily - “The introduction of HCE ensures a variety of players, running the gamut from issuers to merchants to device manufacturers, will be aiming to grab consumer mindshare as we move forward..."
- Google Guns for Apple in Mobile Payments Race - New York Times Bits Blog - "The move will allow Google to get its Wallet app in front of a whole lot more people, but it is facing an increasingly crowded field."
On the Wires:
- MasterCard Drives Host Card Emulation (HCE) Momentum with Mobile Payment Deployments in More than 15 Countries - “Our vision for digital payments is to create great experiences for consumers across all channels and all devices, and HCE and cloud-based software provide another path forward for MasterCard and our partners to deliver on that vision,” said James Anderson, Group Head and Senior Vice President, Shared Platform Services at MasterCard. “The approach will drive greatly expanded availability of mobile contactless and remote payments, through integration with MasterPass, our global digital platform.”
- American Express Launches Nationwide Campaign to Help U.S. Small Merchants Fight Fraud - The nationwide campaign will help U.S. small merchants fight fraud through a $10 million reimbursement program designed to accelerate adoption of EMV payment terminals. It will also arm small merchants with knowledge about EMV’s security benefits. As part of American Express’ program, eligible merchants that have upgraded to an EMV terminal can request a one-time $100 reimbursement from American Express by visiting www.americanexpress.com/fightfraud."
- For Finsphere, 'Mobile As Identity' Is Its Reason For Being - "Finsphere CEO Michael Buhrmann said Visa's MLC represents the first major commercial application of the "mobile as identity" concept. On a global basis, the value of this type of confirmation to banks and other issuers of credit and debit cards is estimated to exceed $3 billion annually for their handling of legitimate transactions that are denied unnecessarily because of suspected fraud."
- Visa Europe: Payment tokenisation service launched - Sandra Alzetta, Executive Director, Core Products for Visa Europe commented: “This is an exciting time to be in the payment industry. We believe that 2015 will be the year that mobile payments will be in the hands of consumers across Europe. Tokenisation is one of the most important technologies to emerge in digital payments and has the potential to start a whole new chapter in the kinds of products that are developed. For that reason, we’ve designed this flexible and scalable service, enabling issuers, merchants and acquirers to provide consumers with the next generation of innovative payment methods – all with the high level of security they expect.”
- Visa Europe: Global expansion of peer-to-peer payments capabilities - "Visa Europe has partnered with Singapore-based fastacash to enable a new feature for member banks to extend to their customers. This new social feature makes it easy for Visa Direct users to send peer-to-peer payments via social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and LinkedIn."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Schedule Now Available!
- Our payments education schedule for this year is now available. Our spring Payments Boot Camp sessions begin in Menlo Park, CA on March 3-4 followed by New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding two one-day Insight Workshops this spring - B2B Payments on March 5 in Menlo Park and Faster Payments on April 16 in New York City.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews