On the Web:
- On Ed Gilligan - Medium (Megan Quinn) - "At best, startups are ignored and at worst, distrusted. Ed broke that mold. He was willing to pursue new ideas, take measured risks, run tests and lend some brand credibility and marketing power to fledgling companies doing interesting work."
- The First Battle In The Mobile Payments War Is Over - TechCrunch (Dana Stalder) - "t’s been a tale of conflict, closed door bargaining, and one with a David vs Goliath subplot and huge fortunes at stake. Many watched and waited as PayPal and Google battled the oligopoly of the Networks (Visa, Mastercard, Amex), only to be surprised by a twist ending."
- Bitcoin app issues critical update after rare bug leads to total crypto breakdown - Guardian - "Bitcoin wallet application Blockchain has rushed to release an update after a critical bug left multiple users unaware that they were sharing a bitcoin wallet..."
On the Wires:
- Discover Doubles Cash Rewards for New Discover it® Cardmembers after First Year - "Starting today, Discover is extending an exclusive offer to new Discover it® cardmembers that doubles all of the cash rewards they’ve earned at the end of their first year for accounts that are open at the time of doubling. There are no limits on how much a cardmember can earn, and they can redeem in any amount, any time, and their rewards never expire."
- Chase Mobile® App for iPhone® Introduces Touch ID™ - “We’re focused on making mobile banking faster and simpler,” said Gavin Michael, Head of Digital for Chase. “Touch ID has been the number one request of our customers – and we are excited to deliver it to them.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for August 4-5 in Mountain View, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on August 6 on the topic of Data in Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews