On the Web:
- Target Nears Settlement With MasterCard Over Data Breach - Wall St. Journal - "The $20 million covers costs that banks incurred to reissue credit cards and debit cards as a result of the breach, as well as some of the fraud that resulted from the exposure of customer information..."
- AmEx, Jawbone Team Up to Allow Payments Via Fitness Bands - Wall St. Journal - "Like Apple’s payment system for its mobile phone and smartwatch, the Jawbone feature will only work at brick-and-mortar merchants whose check-out terminals are equipped with a technology called near-field communication, or NFC."
- Visa Chief Brand Officer to Join Post-Split Hewlett-Packard - Bloomberg - "Visa Inc.’s Antonio Lucio, who oversees marketing, advertising and communications as chief brand officer, is leaving the company to join Hewlett-Packard Co.’s printer business."
On the Wires:
- Ingenico Group Enables Long John Silver’s to Deploy an End-to-End Secure Payment Solution Combining EMV and Point-to-Point Encryption - “As we prepared for the advent of chip-based cards, we also wanted to implement a solution with point-to-point encryption (P2PE) to provide bulletproof security over our customers’ cardholder data, while also easing the process of meeting increasingly complex PCI requirements,” said Craig Daniel, chief financial officer for Long John Silver’s.
- NCR Signals Massive Makeover to Banking with Highly Secure Cloud-Based ATM Software Platform - “NCR’s Kalpana software is the most disruptive change to the ATM ecosystem in decades. Business and consumer applications are increasingly turning to enterprise or cloud-based solutions that reshape security and enable fast, nimble and dynamic customer experiences,” said Andy Heyman, president, NCR Financial Services. “Kalpana software is ideal for financial institutions and independent ATM deployers looking to improve security, quickly advance service delivery through technology, and reshape their cost to serve.”
- Trustonic and Mobeewave Partner to Provide Unprecedented Security Level in Mobile Payment - "Up to now mPOS solutions have not completely secured the interaction with consumers on mobile devices unless merchants used add-on devices. Now, just by downloading the Mobeewave mPOS application into merchant mobile devices supporting the Trustonic technology, the consumers will be able to securely tap their contactless card or smartphone against the merchant’s mobile device. The Trustonic TEE technology secures the interaction with the cardholder on the merchant’s device itself by leveraging the Trusted User Interface."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for May 19-20 in Menlo Park, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on May 21 on the topic of The New Point of Sale.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews