On the Web:
- Amazon’s Latest Prime Perk: A Five Percent Cash-Back Credit Card - Re/code.net - "The card has no annual fee and allows Prime members to get 5 percent back in the form of a statement credit on all Amazon.com orders — not just Prime purchases — that they place with the card."
- PayPal’s Former Retail Chief Kingsborough Joins Capital One - Re/code.net - "At Capital One, Kingsborough will join the Ventures team as a managing director, but he said in an interview that he imagines he will also work on broader digital initiatives outside of the ventures group, too."
- MasterCard exec: Why the move to chip-cards is so important - Fortune - "Carolyn Balfany, a 28-year veteran of MasterCard, is the company’s SVP of U.S. product delivery for EMV, a lengthy way of saying that she’s quarterbacking the effort to bring these chip cards to MasterCard’s American cardholders."
- National Payments Corporation of India taps RS Software to build digital payments enablement platform - Economic Times - "We intend to utilize RS Software's expertise for fulfilling advanced needs of the customers to perform instant payment transactions," A P Hota, MD & CEO of NPCI, said.
- Vodacom reports 7.8M m-pesa users - Mobile World Live - "South African operator Vodacom said customer numbers for m-pesa in its international operations grew by 18 per cent year-on-year, although there has been a net decline of 200,000 over the last three months."
On the Wires:
- Wells Fargo Launches New Innovation Group - "Wells Fargo today announced the formation of a new Innovation Group, which will work in partnership with its major businesses to meet evolving customer needs and stay ahead of the shifting competitive landscape. Steve Ellis, who had served as the head of Wholesale Services, has been named the leader of the new group."
- MasterCard Opens its Digital Security Lab to Customers - “The MasterCard DigiSec Lab represents our collective efforts to maximize product innovation and security investments,” said Ajay Bhalla, president of Enterprise Security Solutions at MasterCard. “While payments have never been safer, criminals have never been smarter. We’ve now opened the lab to our customers as part of an ongoing commitment to share insights, solutions and best practices to deliver the highest levels of security.”
- Citi Mobile Challenge Launches in Asia Pacific - "Citi Mobile Challenge is a next-generation accelerator that combines a virtual hackathon with an incubator, a worldwide network of FinTech experts and Citi’s unparalleled global sponsors and clients to discover solutions across more than 100 markets."
- Chase and Southwest Airlines Renewal Cleared for Takeoff - “This extension reinforces our long-term commitment to collaborating on a program that delivers exceptional value and service to our shared customers,” said Eileen Serra, chief executive officer of Chase Card Services.
- Uber Taps Its Global Payments Partner, Adyen, to Expand into Morocco - “Adyen continues to be a key strategic partner in addressing the many payments-related challenges of rapid international expansion,” said Meryem Belqziz, Uber Casablanca General Manager. “Their transparent philosophy, data-driven approach, and technical agility have made the partnership a natural fit.”
- Visa Inc. Reports Fiscal Third Quarter 2015 Earnings Results - “We continue to deliver solid financial results and operating metrics without the help of an improving economic environment. Strong underlying fundamentals continue to offset the drag from geopolitical tension and the strengthening dollar on our business,” said Charlie Scharf, Chief Executive Officer of Visa Inc.
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for August 4-5 in Mountain View, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on August 6 on the topic of Data in Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews