On the web:
- Should Your Bank Do Business With Bitcoin? - BankDirector - "Whether it is Bitcoin or another virtual currency, the potential exists to revolutionize international payments through a Bitcoin style payment or distribution system."
- Set Visa, Master Card And Markets Free: Approve The Credit Card Interchange Fee Settlement - Forbes.com (Todd Zywicki) - "Not only would that make it more difficult to impose price controls on credit cards it would provide support for a much-needed rollback of the Durbin Amendment’s price controls on debit cards."
- Does the networked consumer imply incremental or fundamental change for banks? - Financial Services Club Blog - "The take-away for me was that most of the people did not believe that mobile was a fundamental change to the banking world, but just an evolution in distribution."
- The Five Stages of Disruption Denial - Harvard Business Review - "Too often however, our response is to ignore and forget change, to fake our way through it, to pretend an engagement and a mastery we do not have."
- The Ghost of Bitcoin - Polygon - "In search of Satoshi Nakamoto, the man behind the most famous virtual currency, Polygon finds a harrowing digital economy only a gamer could love."
- Bionym Launches Biometric Wristband Nymi That Unlocks Smart Things With Your Heart - Betakit - "The Nymi wristband uses an embedded electrocardiogram (ECG) sensor to identify the unique characteristics of your heartbeat and pairs your personal ECG to the device."
- The Money2020 Story - "We founded Money2020 to be the global, in-person focal point for those innovating in payments and financial services over the next decade..."
- California gas stations leverage mobile payments for convenience, loyalty - Mobile Commerce Daily - "The QR code prompts users to download the Kuapay mobile app that can be connected with a credit card to pay at the pump."
- Smart wallet knows if you’ve lost a credit card - Springwise - "Made of sleek aluminum, the ultra-thin credit card holder can be synced to owners’ smartphones and setup to provide notifications whenever items are removed from it."
On the wires:
- Steven Antonakes Named Deputy Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - "Steve Antonakes’ background includes more than two decades as a financial services regulator. He first joined the CFPB in November 2010 as the assistant director for large bank supervision and was named the associate director for supervision, enforcement, and fair lending in June 2012."
- VeriFone Delivers POS Software Platform for Tablets to ISOs and Acquirers - "The GlobalBay Merchant software platform creates new opportunities for ISOs and acquirers to grow their business and is now available from a partner that is invested in their success..."
- TSYS Signs Long-Term Acquiring Agreement With Anovia Payments, LLC - "Based in Irving, Texas, Anovia Payments simplifies payment acceptance for merchants and partners by offering transparent pricing, cutting-edge products and technology with streamlined support..."
- Monarch Airlines Selects European Merchant Services to Process Payments - "Monarch selected EMS as one of its card acquirers because of its reputation for reliability and specialist knowledge of the travel sector."
- Voice™, New Huntington Credit Card, Offers Unique Customer Rewards Choices - "Thought to be the only credit card of its kind in the country, the Voice Credit Card™ from Huntington reflects the bank’s ongoing Fair Play Banking philosophy of doing the right thing for customers by eliminating certain fees and offering choice for triple rewards or a lower interest rate."
- Realex Payments Announce a Significant Pan-European Managed Gateway Agreement with Elavon - "We are delighted to have been selected as the managed gateway partner for Elavon. This is a major partnership for us; we are strategically positioned to offer our partners a holistic and compelling offering that truly enables them to grow their ecommerce business."
- New Small Business Forum from U.S. Bank Connect Delivers Good Ideas and Inspiration on LinkedIn - "The Forum features Alyssa Gregory, a small business consultant, speaker and author."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join us for our new series of Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps coming this October - 8th/9th in the San Francisco Bay Area and 23rd/24th in New York City!
- Glenbrook's Carol Coye Benson will be speaking at this year's American Bankers Association Annual Convention on October 20-22 in New Orleans. She'll be participating in a panel discussion on The Future of the Payments Industry.
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews