On the Web:
- Trade Group Asks for Delay on Card-Security Plan - Wall St. Journal - "In a letter sent last week to Visa Inc.,MasterCard Inc.,American Express Co. and Discover Financial Services, the Food Marketing Institute said that merchants won’t be ready to meet an October deadline that will shift liability for fraudulent transactions from card-issuing banks to merchants."
- Delta buckles up with Alipay as airlines tap mobile payments - Mobile Commerce Daily - "The strategy will see Delta become the first United States-based carrier to integrate Alipay onto its Web and mobile site, proving the brand’s ongoing efforts to better cater to Chinese customers."
- Angel investors & VCs finally warm up to Bitcoin in India - Economic Times Tech - "The murky silhouettes surrounding the bitcoin notwithstanding, Indian investors are taking a closer look at the online payment system to understand its global potential."
On the Wires:
- Delta Becomes the First U.S. Airline To Offer Alipay Payment and Improve the Ease of Online Booking from China - "This exciting new partnership is one of many Delta initiatives to build the most Chinese-friendly U.S. airline," said Vinay Dube, Delta's senior vice president – Asia Pacific. "As the U.S. and China have agreed to issue multiple-entry visas for up to ten years for short-term business and tourist travel, our partnership with Alipay will give more Chinese consumers the chance to experience traveling in the U.S. with our industry-leading product and service in flight and on the ground."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Update!
- Our payments education schedule for 2015 is now available. Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding a one-day Insight Workshop on April 16 following the New York Boot Camp on the topic of Faster Payments. On May 19-20, we will be holding a Payments Boot Camp in Menlo Park, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on May 21 on the topic of The New Point of Sale.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews