Glenbrook Meetup in Chicago - Wednesday, Feb 25
- Glenbrook's Carol Benson and Erin McCune will be in Chicago next week and will be hosting a Glenbrook Meet Up on Wednesday the 25th. We hope you can join them and network with other friends of Glenbrook. Click here for details on registering for the Meet Up.
On the Web:
- PoF 14 – A Ground Level View on Tablet POS - PaymentsViews.com (George Peabody) - "Join Glenbrook’s George Peabody and payments industry veteran Chip Kahn, founder of Boomtown, a marketplace for merchant tech support pros, for a discussion on tablet POS trends, what SMB retailers needs, and the payments programmability."
- To Revive Wallet, Google Tries to Wrangle Unruly Partners - Wall St. Journal - "Google Inc. is reaching for its Wallet to keep pace with Apple Pay, but differences in the two companies’ mobile businesses mean it won’t be easy."
- Samsung’s Move to Payments Creates Friction With Google - Wall St. Journal Digits - "The shift can put Samsung at odds with Google, its long-time Android partner."
- LoopPay CEO talks Samsung deal, competing against Apple - USA Today - "I caught up with LoopPay CEO Will Graylin to ask him about what the Samsung deal means for his company, for the mobile-payments industry in generally, and in Samsung's ongoing battle against Apple."
- Bitcoin Comes To Influential Payments Startup Stripe - Wired - "Basically, any business using Stripe can immediately sign up to accept the bitcoin digital currency, and Stripe will charge 0.5 percent on each successful bitcoin transaction."
- Xapo Bids for Big Bitcoin Business With Enterprise Security Suite - CoinDesk - "Bitcoin services provider Xapo has announced the launch of Xapo Institutions, a suite of products aimed at capturing a potentially lucrative customer base that includes businesses, bitcoin exchanges, hedge funds and institutional investors."
- Apple's new enterprise business is going to be so much bigger than most people imagine - Business Insider - "This marriage — of Apple's devices and design with IBM's underlying data — can be applied to virtually any other business."
- Bitcoin-Inspired Digital Currency to Power Mobile Savings App - MIT Technology Review - "In the next few months, some teenage girls in poor areas of South Africa will be offered the chance to test out a kind of digital savings account operated via text messages."
On the Wires:
- Mint and Miura form strategic partnership to bring advanced mPOS to Australia, New Zealand and the Asia Pacific region - "Miura is the world leader in mPOS payment hardware technology, with approximately 75% of the world’s leading mPOS providers utilising own-branded devices from Miura."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Schedule Now Available!
- Our payments education schedule for this year is now available. Our spring Payments Boot Camp sessions begin in Menlo Park, CA on March 3-4 followed by New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding two one-day Insight Workshops this spring - B2B Payments on March 5 in Menlo Park and Faster Payments on April 16 in New York City.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews