On the Web
- Remote Order and Pay - Medium (Scott Loftesness) - "Way back in the early 2000’s I was a board member of Ontain — a startup focused on remote order and pay."
On the Wires
- Chase Doubles Up on Rewards: Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus Credit Cards from Chase Join Forces for the First Time - "Between November 1 and November 30, 2015, Marriott Rewards Premier cardholders will earn double points on purchases with United® and eligible United MileagePlus Explorer, Club and Presidential Plus cardholders will earn double miles on purchases at Marriott® properties."
- Fifth Third Bank Launching New Mobile App for Commercial Cards - “Fifth Third’s commercial card mobile app can improve the ease in which our commercial card clients and their employees conduct business, allowing them to focus more effort and time on driving results to their bottom line.”
- Early Warning Introduces the Authentify Platform - “The Authentify Platform addresses the multi-dimensional challenge of payments’ risk. It brings together multiple modes of authentication – all sitting on top of a bank consortium model that is powered by shared intelligence – to simplify risk-managed authentication while strengthening accuracy and speed to optimize the consumer experience."
- NAFCU: EMV Chip-Card Transition Is Not Silver Bullet, Cybersecurity and Consumer Protection Require Multi-Tiered Approach - "Specifically, NAFCU supports Sens. Tom Carper, D-Del., and Roy Blunt, R-Mo., bipartisan measure, S. 961, the “Data Security Act of 2015,” and the companion House bill introduced by Rep. Randy Neugebauer, R-Texas, and Rep. John Carney, D-Del., H.R. 2205, which would set a national data security standard for retailers akin to GLBA while acknowledging financial institutions’ existing adherence to GLBA standards."
- CyberSource Brings Real-Time Fraud Analytics to Merchants - “Merchants create rules and parameters in their fraud management systems that determine whether a transaction is accepted or denied, based on risk levels,” said Andre Machicao, senior vice president, CyberSource, a Visa Inc. company. “In some cases, the parameters they set might be overly cautious, causing them to lose legitimate, safe business unnecessarily. CyberSource’s new capability allows merchants to back test prior transactions to see what would have happened if they had set different rules.”
- Seamless Distribution AB: New SEQR Service: International Remittance and Payments – Offering Money Transfers between Countries Free of Charge - “Demand for international transfers is constantly growing as people’s lives become increasingly global. But established payment agencies charge high fees, making money transfers expensive. SEQR can offer a highly competitive and simple alternative - something we’re convinced many people will appreciate,” says Peter Fredell, CEO of Seamless. “This service is an important part of our international expansion.”
- Discover Financial Services Joins Banking Industry Architecture Network - "Discover Financial Services recently joined the Banking Industry Architecture Network, a not-for-profit industry standards association, to leverage a banking-industry-specific framework and standard messaging to speed the delivery of new products and services."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for New York City on October 20-21 followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on October 22 on the topic of Virtual Currencies and Bitcoin.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Russ Jones for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!