Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Schedule Now Available!
- Our payments education schedule for this year is now available. Our spring Payments Boot Camp sessions begin in Menlo Park, CA on March 3-4 followed by New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding two one-day Insight Workshops this spring - B2B Payments on March 5 in Menlo Park and Payments for the Unbanked on April 16 in New York City.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
On the Web:
- Much more than digital cash - Economist - Review of The Age of Cryptocurrency: How Bitcoin and Digital Money Are Challenging the Global Economic Order by Paul Vigna and Michael Casey.
- Payments Business Will Bypass Banks, Says Adyen Boss - Wall St. Journal - "Sounds like the bread and butter of banks, but Pieter van der Does, Adyen co-founder and chief executive officer, has no doubt that the payments business will increasingly bypass banks. In fact, he’s counting on it."
- Challenged by Upstarts, Lenders Try New Strategy: Cooperation - New York Times - "The MasterCard-Behalf alliance, which has not been publicly announced, is an example of how entrenched financial players facing challengers armed with new technology are increasingly seeking to work with them."
- Academic Research on Bitcoin Tripled in 2014 - CoinDesk - "Academia is increasingly focusing on bitcoin, and hundreds of papers on the subject have now been published, according to research by author and alternative finance commentator Brett Scott."
On the Wires:
- EMVCo to Manage Next Generation of 3D-Secure Specification - "The enhanced specification will support additional data available during the transaction that will enable more intelligent risk-based decisioning. It will also offer a more seamless consumer experience and reduces reliance on the cardholder to authenticate themselves via a password prompt, better integrating with a merchant’s offering and brand. The specification will also be enriched to support non-payment user identification and verification, as well as country-specific and regulatory requirements regarding cardholder authentication in the card-not-present environment."
- China Jo-Jo Drugstores Signed Strategic Service Agreement with Alipay to Provide Online Payment Service to its Customers - Mr. Lei Liu, Chairman and CEO of China Jo-Jo, stated, "Our cooperation with Alipay gives us a great opportunity to get access to Alipay's 300 million registered users who, like most Chinese consumers, are seeking more convenient pharmacy shopping experiences. In addition to maintaining our traditional customer base, we hope to attract more young, affluent, and tech-savvy consumers by answering to their needs for pharmaceutical and healthcare products."
- Shift4 Delivers EMV Functionality Layered with Tokenization and Encryption to Prevent Breaches - Shift4 CEO Dave Oder said, "It is vital for merchants to adopt real card data security measures in addition to the highly publicized stopgap that is EMV. Security Beyond Compliance® is our mantra, and that's exactly what Shift4 delivers to our customers."
- Fujitsu to Exhibit Integrated Retail Currency Handling and PalmSecure Biometric Solutions at the National Retail Federation Annual Event in New York - “With the increasing number of physical and cyber-attacks as well as the exposure of cash to external theft and internal shrinkage, we believe the concepts demonstrated in our booth will resonate with most retailers,” says Randy Fox, vice president, currency handling and identity product solutions, Fujitsu Frontech North America Inc. “The unique application of biometrics as a method for positive logical and physical access control will be more commonplace at POS and in back-office cash handling locations.”
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews