On the Web:
- Square Raises $150 Million at a $6 Billion Valuation - New York Times BITS Blog - "This latest round, which was led by a new investor, the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation, places Square in the company of Internet start-ups like Pinterest and Spotify, which also have valuations around $5 billion to $6 billion."
- Apple Pay is such a big deal that eBay already has had to change strategy - Quartz (Jean-Louis Gassée) - "Apple’s payment system has caused eBay to move people and business units around."
- Price of Bitcoin Tumbles - New York Times DealBook - "The price of Bitcoin fell nearly 20 percent this weekend to its lowest level of the year, prompting worries of a crash."
On the Wires:
- ACI Worldwide Partners with Shaw Systems to Deliver Cost-Effective Integrated Bill Payments to Financial Services Companies - "Our corporate mission is to provide our clients with the best financial products and services so that they can deliver optimal experiences to their end customers,” said Cyndy Stone, Chief Operating Officer, Shaw Systems. "We are very enthusiastic about partnering with ACI, a proven leader with a great track record in bill pay. By integrating their robust bill payment technology into ours, we can now deliver a value proposition unmatched in our industry—the most seamless and cost-effective bill pay offering, right out of the box.”
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook's Payments in Europe Workshop: Oct 9 in Palo Alto, CA
- Glenbrook's Payments Boot Camps: Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Oct 21-22 in New York, NY; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Glenbrook's Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond Workshop: Nov 19 in New York, NY
- Money20/20 has become the go-to event in payments. We'll be there in force... will you? Use this promo code to register "GLENBR20"
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews