On the Web:
- Apple Pay Brings Contactless iPhone Payments to U.K. - Bloomberg Business - "The Apple Pay service will be available at 250,000 retail locations in Britain starting Tuesday, the company said in an e-mailed statement."
- A new east Africa campaign - Economist - "Equitel’s biggest selling-point is a promise to charge a fraction of Safaricom’s fees for money transfers. It is in a strong position, since Equity already banks 10m Kenyans and has branch networks in several countries."
- HSBC bows out of Apple Pay launch as Barclays vows future support - Apple Insider - "It seems Apple Pay's UK debut didn't go off without a hitch on Tuesday, as HSBC customers are not able to use service despite the bank's status as an official launch partner. In a related development, Barclays did an about face and announced upcoming support for Apple's contactless payment solution."
On the Wires:
- Green Dot Announces Opening of Wholly-Owned Subsidiary in Shanghai, China - “We believe that the future of financial services belongs to those institutions that are tech-centric in their vision and tech-savvy in how they execute that vision. Green Dot is a financial technology innovator and the opening of our new software development center in China is intended to further power our ability to efficiently create cool products that solve important problems,” said Kuan Archer, Chief Operating Officer of Green Dot Corporation and Executive Director of Green Dot Shanghai.
- Apriva and Globalcom Bring EMV Solutions to U.S. Unattended Markets - "By integrating Apriva’s Gateway with Globalcom hardware, this partnership brings proven EMV hardware into a wide variety of unattended markets in the U.S., including parking, kiosk, car wash, banking, gaming, airline kiosk, vending, and retail."
- First Bankcard Introduces New Mobile App, Offering a Convenient Way to Access Credit Card Rewards - “Instantly redeeming rewards while you’re shopping, dining out or enjoying a ball game is just one of many ways our mobile app serves our customers’ needs,” said Mihaela Kobjerowski, vice president, Customer Management and Digital Solutions. “It’s all a part of our commitment to provide our customers the best digital experience while they’re on the go.”
- 75 Percent of Financial Institutions (FIs) Concerned About Customer Attrition Due to Limited Payment Choices - "The shift in consumer expectations and increased competition from new market entrants are underpinned by the growing importance of the customer and the centrality of enabling an enhanced experience. As such, FIs must invest in their payments capabilities."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for August 4-5 in Mountain View, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on August 6 on the topic of Data in Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews