On the Web:
- NACHA Membership Approves New Rules to Further Improve ACH Network Quality - “These rules show that financial institutions can come together through private-sector rulemaking to address practices that may result in harm to consumers,” said Janet O. Estep, president and CEO of NACHA. “In developing these rules, NACHA incorporated broad industry feedback and balanced differing perspectives from many parties. The rules represent workable solutions that can be implemented by financial institutions.”
- Lending Club Can Be a Better Bank Than the Banks - BloombergView - "If Lending Club was a bank, it would look like a pretty risky bank!But of course it's not a bank."
- Our Sources Say the Next iPhone Will Include NFC Mobile Payments - Wired - "Apple is in the perfect position to launch its own mobile wallet."
On the Wires:
- Ingenico Mobile Solutions enables First Data to introduce a secure mPOS solution in India - "Being a new technology that facilitates financial transactions, we needed a superior product from a trusted partner, able to offer global expertise as well as a strong local presence,” stated Nitish Asthana, General Manager First Data Acquiring Services
- IPC Media and Boku Partner on Innovative “Text-to-Pay” Solution, Offering Print Magazine Subscriptions with ‘Marie Claire’, ‘InStyle’ and Many More via Text - “Creating a solution with Boku that gives readers the ability to immediately subscribe using their phone number has tremendous potential to grow our subscription business. Very soon our readers will start discovering keywords that they can subscribe with via insert cards, print ads and on the covers on their favorite magazines.”
- EMV Migration Forum Releases Comprehensive Guide for Implementing EMV Chip Technology at the ATM - "The white paper includes technical details about chip transactions, information about which functions must be implemented to provide EMV compliance at the ATM, and recommended planning activities for implementation."
- Consumers Rank Discover in a Tie for Highest Customer Satisfaction in J.D. Power Study - “We are so grateful for the honor of serving our cardmembers and for the recognition they’ve bestowed upon the 14,500 Discover employees who are committed to providing them with the best products and services possible every day.”
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Oct 21-22 in New York City; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Money20/20 has become the go-to event in payments. We'll be there in force... will you? Use this promo code to register "GLENBR20"
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: email@example.com or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews