Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments strategy consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
ON THE WEB
- Bill Ready: PayPal ‘miles ahead’, welcomes rivals to the ecosystem - Australian Business Review - “We can control the process end to end, in a way that consumers don’t have to do any extra work and the merchants don’t either.”
- PayPal opens 'Innovation Lab' in Singapore - Nikkei Asian Review - "Digital payment platform PayPal is partnering with government agencies to launch an "Innovation Lab" in Singapore with the aim of developing the financial technologies sector."
- In the Bitcoin Era, Ransomware Attacks Surge - Wall St. Journal - "Once considered a consumer problem, ransomware has morphed to target entire networks of computers at hospitals, universities and businesses."
ON THE WIRES
- Walgreens Launches Balance Rewards Integration with Android Pay - "This latest integration gives the more than 85 million active Balance Rewards members, many of whom use Android devices, another easy, secure and private way to earn and use loyalty points in-store, and eliminates the need to separately scan or enter their Balance Rewards card."
- U.S. Bank's New Safe Debit Account is Simple, Convenient and Eliminates Overdraft Fees - "With a debit card and no checks, customers are able to be more in control of spending only what’s available in their accounts, with no risk of overdraft fees."
- Guardian Analytics"" Introduces Banking Industry's First Solution to Protect Against Fraud Risk Created by Same Day ACH - "By monitoring originated or received files including batches and batch entries for suspicious behavior, Guardian Analytics ACH-ODFI Real-time and ACH-RDFI Real-time solutions intervene by automatically holding high-risk batches for further review, and expediting low risk batches for further processing."
- Eddie Bauer Notifies Customers of Malware Intrusion - "As part of the investigation, it was determined that customers’ payment card information used at Eddie Bauer retail stores on various dates between January 2, 2016 and July 17, 2016 may have been accessed. Not all cardholder transactions during this period were affected."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming this fall - in Palo Alto, CA and New York City. See our fall schedule here. We hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - Palo Alto - October 11-12
- Insight Workshop - Palo Alto - Payment Data - October 13
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Among other positions, we're looking for an East Coast engagement manger. Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!