On the Web:
- Are All Payments Becoming Invisible? A Conversation With Square’s Jack Dorsey - New York Times - "We have committed to making sure our sellers are empowered to make every sale. As we see more attention on NFC in this country, that will be more and more the case."
- Now you can exchange bitcoins to buy apps, games and more for Windows, Windows Phone and Xbox - Microsoft Fire Hose Blog - "Starting Thursday in the U.S., by using BitPay, the world’s leading bitcoin payment processor, you can trade-in bitcoin – at current market value — and add it to your Microsoft account."
- Introducing a 30-second setup experience for first-time recipients - The Dwolla Blog - "First-time recipients are no longer required to register for a full Dwolla account. Instead, they’ll be prompted to set up a Direct account, which takes just three steps or 30 seconds (if you’re fast)."
- Square Hires Visa CMO to Lead Customer Acquisition - Ad Age - "Square has hired Visa CMO of Core Products Kevin Burke to lead customer acquisition for the company."
- Circle Team and Leadership Expansion - Circle Blog - "Paul Camp has joined Circle as our Chief Financial Officer, Corporate Treasurer, and EVP of Financial Operations."
- What Is the Security Behind EMV Chip Payments? - Hospitality Technology - “The creation of dynamic cryptograms for every transaction with online authentication is an important feature of chip cards that provide enhanced levels of security,” said Randy Vanderhoof, director of the EMV Migration Forum.
On the Wires:
- American Express Creates New Technology Hub in Silicon Valley - “Technology innovation is driving the company’s ongoing digital transformation, and our team in Silicon Valley is focusing on core capabilities that we expect to be key to our ability to continue to innovate and move our business forward,” said Marc Gordon, Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer. “By developing infrastructure and frameworks to be used broadly across the organization, the team in Palo Alto will play a crucial role in our global business growth and future success.”
- American Express and Delta Extend Partnership - “We’re very pleased to extend our strategic partnership with Delta in a way that will deliver compelling value to our mutual customers and help to ensure that Card Members get more with Membership,” said Josh Silverman, President of Consumer Products & Services at American Express.
- Bill.com Unveils New Solution to Accelerate Digitization of Payments for SMBs - “Our customers have told us they need a simple and secure solution for those times when they need to pay their vendors quickly,” said René Lacerte, CEO of Bill.com. “Fast Pay was developed in response to those unplanned or emergency situations. Now, SMBs in particular can rely on a seamless digital solution without the hassle of going to the bank to send wire transfers or scheduling pickups by FedEx or UPS.”
- Blackbaud Welcomes Pete Kight to Board of Directors - "After founding CheckFree in 1981, Mr. Kight served as chief executive officer until its merger with Fiserv, Inc. in 2007. Under his leadership, CheckFree greatly expanded beyond its original core online bill payments business. At the time of its merger with Fiserv, CheckFree’s annual revenue exceeded $1 billion."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews