Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments strategy consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
ON THE WEB
- The Clearing House calls for overhaul of AML practices - Finextra - "US bank lobby group The Clearing House has called for an overhaul of how its members deal with AML requirements, arguing that they should spend less time and money on submitting suspicious activity reports and instead concentrate on using more innovative methods to thwart money laundering and terrorist financing."
- Top 3 technologies revolutionizing ecommerce - Mobile Commerce Daily - "We analyzed the top 3 most successful technologies impacting the ecommerce industry today."
- Bank of Canada: Digital Currencies Need Regulation to Succeed - Coindesk - "Researchers from Canada's central bank argue that private digital currencies like bitcoin won't succeed in the long-term without some kind of government involvement."
- Kenyan banks roll out PesaLink real-time direct P2P mobile payments - NFC World - "Kenya’s new digital payments platform PesaLink, that will enable consumers to make real-time mobile person-to-person (P2P) payments from US$0.10 up to US$9,650 at any time without having to go through intermediaries, is “expected to cut the cost of transactions and transform the way consumers interact with their banks”, the Kenya Bankers Association (KBA) says."
- Fujitsu Announces Biometric Authentication Platform for the IoT - Mobile ID World - "The system takes an on-device approach to biometric data, adhering to FIDO Alliance standards. When a user needs to access an IoT device or service, she needs only to perform a biometric scan for authentication on her smartphone; confirmation of authentication then passes through a secure connection to a cloud-based server, while NFC technology is used to confirm that the user is in proximity to the IoT device or service she is trying to access."
ON THE WIRES
- EMV Payment Card Market Struggles Amidst Overstocking Issues and Near Saturation Levels in China and the U.S. - "ABI Research finds global EMV payment card shipments reached just under three billion in 2016, marking a year-on-year (YoY) increase of less than 1%. Between 2012 and 2015, the market became accustomed to annual growth rates in the 20% to 35% range, as first China and then the U.S. began their respective migration programs. But as overstocking, paired with near saturation points, hit both countries simultaneously, orders significantly slowed in 2016 to impact the overall market."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
The next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp is March 7-8, 2017 in San Jose, CA. On March 9, still in San Jose, will be our Digital Payments Insight Workshop. Following that, our next public Boot Camp and Insight Workshop combination will be in New York City in April followed by Atlanta in May. Check out our spring schedule here. We hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!