Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments strategy consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
ON THE WEB
- Republicans Introduce Resolution to Kill CFPB’s Prepaid-Card Rule - Wall Street Journal - "Republican lawmakers have introduced a resolution to repeal a new federal rule affecting prepaid cards, ramping up their effort to curb the authority of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau."
- The New Administration Brings Uncertainty But Also Optimism, Payments Experts Say - Digital Transactions News - "The new Trump administration injects much uncertainty into U.S. business, with payments being no exception, but a panel of experts on Thursday said the net result should be positive for at least the acquiring side of the market."
- Alibaba Said to Lead $200 Million Funding for Paytm’s E-Commerce Unit - Business of Fashion - "China’s Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. will lead a $200 million round of investment in newly established Indian online retailer Paytm E-commerce Pvt, a person familiar with the matter said."
- California Pizza Kitchen’s app touts mobile pay, rewards program - Mobile Commerce Daily - "The app takes cues from the fast casual sector Casual dining restaurant California Pizza Kitchen has retooled its CPK Pizza Dough Rewards Mobile App, which now offers mobile pay, ordering, past purchase history and a tip calculator. Developed in partnership with Paytronix, the enhanced application also makes it easier to earn, track and apply rewards from CPK’s Pizza Dough Rewards loyalty program."
- Bluetooth bus ticketing trial lets passengers travel without buying a ticket - NFC World - "Bus passengers in northern England are trialling a mobile ticketing system that works with Bluetooth beacons placed on buses and at bus stops, and a smartphone app that tracks the user’s journey and then charges them the best-value price over the course of a day or week."
- Contactless charity boxes to battle decline in cash donations - The Telegraph - "It comes in response to fears about the rise of the cashless society cutting off a lifeline for charities. Cash payments are declining rapidly in Britain thanks to contactless technology, which allows shoppers to quickly pay for a coffee or sandwich simply by tapping their card up to a limit of £30."
ON THE WIRES
- NCR and Bottomline Technologies Enable UK Financial Institutions to Connect to Faster Payments Service - "NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR), a global leader in omni-channel solutions, today announced that Bottomline Technologies (NASDAQ: EPAY) has integrated Authentic, NCR’s intelligent transaction processing platform into its Direct Faster Payment Service (FPS) solution. The technology enables UK-based financial institutions to connect securely to the Faster Payments network."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are in San Jose, CA, New York, NY, and Atlanta, GA. See our spring schedule here. We hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- Join us at the 2017 FinTech Georgia Symposium February 9! Glenbrook is a proud sponsor of the 2017 FinTech Georgia symposium. Join us for this great event on February 9 in Atlanta. Reach out to Glenbrook's Elizabeth McQuerry, a board member of the Technology Association of Georgia, to schedule a meeting with the Glenbrook partners in town for the symposium.
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!