Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments strategy consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
ON THE WEB
- Retailers Turn to Silicon Valley to Lure Customers - Wall Street Journal - "In the age of Amazon.com Inc., other retailers are scrambling to find a way to keep consumers shopping on their sites and in stores. The trick? Personalization, via data and tech."
- With Help From Contactless, E-Payments Globally Could Be Taking a Bite out of Cash - Digital Transactions - "The digital-payments revolution may finally be poised to relegate cash to the sidelines of finance. Worldwide, 471 billion so-called cashless transactions flowed through payments networks in 2015, a 52% increase since the end of 2011 and up 13% over 2014, according to numbers released this week by Retail Banking Research Ltd."
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables - NFC World - "Commuters in Singapore will soon be able to pay for public transport using an NFC-enabled fitness tracker or smartwatch linked to their EZ-Link transit card. The devices will allow for “fast, convenient and reliable” contactless payments on public transport and at more than 30,000 EZ-Link acceptance points, the card issuer says."
- On-the-Go Ordering our biggest operational change since drive-thru: Dunkin’ Donuts exec - Mobile Commerce Daily - "The Dunkin Donuts exec provided a number of lessons learned from the company’s excursion into a mobile-centric approach in her “Mobile Meets Coffee” keynote, and explained the motivation behind the coffee purveyor’s use of mobile to stay competitive across its more than 8,000 stores in the United States. Much of the motivation behind building a stronger intersection between CRM and loyalty is to reduce friction for customers."
- US data breaches increase 40 percent in 2016 - Payments Cards & Mobile - "The number of US data breaches tracked in 2016 hit an all-time record high of 1,093, according to a new report released today by the Identity Theft Resource Center (ITRC) and CyberScout (formerly IDT911)."
ON THE WIRES
- LocoMobi Awarded Chicago Skyway Toll Bridge to Deploy Payment and Control Applications - "The Chicago Skyway Toll Bridge serves over 14 million customers per year. LocoMobi's world-leading license plate recognition technology will be the backbone of the new payment system, so that each vehicle is processed and easily tracked in real-time for revenue control purposes. LocoMobi's system will allow for a variety of innovative payment options including credit/debit/pin/chip card payment as well as mobile and Tap-and-Go payment."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are in San Jose, CA, New York, NY, and Atlanta, GA. See our spring schedule here. We hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- Join us at the 2017 FinTech Georgia Symposium February 9! Glenbrook is a proud sponsor of the 2017 FinTech Georgia symposium. Join us for this great event on February 9 in Atlanta. Reach out to Glenbrook's Elizabeth McQuerry, a board member of the Technology Association of Georgia, to schedule a meeting with the Glenbrook partners in town for the symposium.
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!