Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments strategy consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
ON THE WEB
- A Holiday-Shopping Test Finds Beacon-Based Mobile Offers Drive up Traffic Counts - Digital Transactions News - "This week, Swirl released some of the results of this comparison. Much of this had to do with increases in foot traffic. A specialty retailer inside a mall, for example, found a 41% rise in average basket size and a 36% increase in its mall-to-store traffic conversion. Another mall merchant, also a specialty retailer, saw a 13% jump in its mall-to-store conversion rate. An apparel manufacturer with an outlet store experienced a 7% increase in traffic, according to Swirl."
- Blockchain Technology in the Insurance Sector - McKinsey report for FACI - "10 things you should know about Blockchain" in financial services.
- Bharti Airtel launches payments JV in India - Global Telecoms Business - "Bharti Airtel has launched its payments joint venture today, going live in 29 states across India. Airtel Payments Bank sees the Indian operator partner with Kotak Mahindra Bank, spending Rs3,000 crore ($440 million) to build a pan-India banking network and payments ecosystem. The joint venture, which is 80:20 owned in Airtel’s favour, was launched by finance minister Arun Jaitley, along with Bharti Enterprises chairman Sunil Bharti Mittal and Kotak Mahindra Bank MD Uday Kotak. The APB will be led by Shashi Arora, who was also at the launch."
- CUP Cloud Pay The First Landing In The Middle East - Payments Afrika - "The first batch of UAE merchants to open Unionpay cloud pay acceptance, including fast-food restaurants, digital stores, shopping centers. Consumers can be in the store’s non-connected terminal sensor identification area, using the “QuickPass” logo of the UnionPay chip card and support all kinds of cloud flash smartphone. CUP debit card consumption 300 Dirhams (about 570 yuan) The following does not need to sign, with UnionPay credit card consumption 300 Dirhams neither enter the password, do not sign. In the contactless payment to set a small cap in line with international practice, and more secure with the card security."
- US consumers to use loyalty points as currency for in-store payments - NFC World - "The service has been developed by the terminal maker through payment technology provider FIS’ Premium Payback Network — a connection powered by Modo’s Coin-operated Digital Payments Hub."
ON THE WIRES
- First Data Opens Up the Future of Global Commerce with Broadened Collaboration, Expanded Developer Tools - "In a rapidly evolving FinTech ecosystem, speed, agility, and collaboration are critical. That’s why today First Data (NYSE: FDC), a global leader in commerce-enabling technology, is launching First Data Integrated Solutions Group (ISG), a new business segment focused on expanded software developer tools for integration with First Data’s platforms. With the formation of First Data Integrated Solutions Group, First Data is deepening its engagement with independent software vendors (ISVs), value-added resellers (VARs), software developers, system integrators, and other market participants to expand commerce capabilities around the globe."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are in San Jose, CA, New York, NY, and Atlanta, GA. See our spring schedule here. We hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- Join us at the 2017 FinTech Georgia Symposium February 9! Glenbrook is a proud sponsor of the 2017 FinTech Georgia symposium. Join us for this great event on February 9 in Atlanta. Reach out to Glenbrook's Elizabeth McQuerry, a board member of the Technology Association of Georgia, to schedule a meeting with the Glenbrook partners in town for the symposium.
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!