Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments strategy consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
Here's to the New Year! Everyone at Glenbrook wishes you success, fulfillment, and great health for 2017.
ON THE WEB
- As Credit Unions Adopt EMV, They Start To See Quick Gains in Fraud Reduction - Digital Transactions - "Credit unions are making fast progress in their rollout of EMV chip cards, according to an update from PSCU, a major payments processor for this segment of the financial-services industry. Some 85% of PSCU’s clients have introduced, or are introducing, EMV credit cards, while the corresponding number for EMV debit card issuance is 60%, the St. Petersburg, Fla.-based organization said Tuesday."
- Carnival unveils NFC and BLE wearable for cruise ship passengers - NFC World - "Guests can make payments using the accompanying Medallion Pay service, to which guests can link “any number of credit cards, reward cards, gift cards and advanced payment services”."
- ALEXA: AMAZON’S OPERATING SYSTEM - Stratechery - "Amazon seized the opportunity: first, Alexa was remarkably proficient from day one, particularly in terms of speed and accuracy (two factors that are far more important in encouraging regular use than the ability to answer trivia questions). Then, the company moved quickly to build out its ecosystem in two directions..."
ON THE WIRES
- STMicroelectronics Teams with Mobile-Payment Partners to Create Turnkey, Certification-Ready Solution for Wearable Devices - "Mobile payments may go mainstream on wearable devices like smartwatches by taking advantage of a new ready-to-use payment solution containing technology from STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) , a global semiconductor leader serving customers across the spectrum of electronics applications."
- WISeKey Makes Available Its Cryptographic Root of Trust to IoT Manufacturers (OEMs) and Service Providers (SPs) Worldwide to Protect Their Devices and Services - "WISeKey International Holding Ltd (WIHN.SW) (“WISeKey”) today announced that it has made available its Cryptographic Root of Trust (RoT) to IoT manufacturers (OEMs) and service providers (SPs) worldwide allowing them to add the RoT at the IoT hardware level to encrypt the communication and authenticate their devices. WISeKey is already working with many IoT manufactures in China and India and has developed an IoT center of excellency in both countries."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are in San Jose, CA, New York, NY, and Atlanta, GA. See our spring schedule here. We hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- Join us at the 2017 FinTech Georgia Symposium February 9! Glenbrook is a proud sponsor of the 2017 FinTech Georgia symposium. Join us for this great event on February 9 in Atlanta. Reach out to Glenbrook's Elizabeth McQuerry, a board member of the Technology Association of Georgia, to schedule a meeting with the Glenbrook partners in town for the symposium.
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!