Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments strategy consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
ON THE WEB
- Android Pay links to mobile banking apps to simplify setup process - NFC World - "Android Pay has been integrated into the mobile banking apps of “several banks around the world” so that users can add their cards to the mobile payment service with “just the click of a button”. The feature will also work for those who have not installed Android Pay on their handset, giving them access to “the capabilities of Android Pay” without having to leave their mobile banking app. Supporting banks include Bank of America, Bank of New Zealand, Discover, mBank and USAA, with Google “continuing to integrate with additional mobile banking apps”."
- Payments processor Adyen says revenues doubled to $727 million in 2016, no plans for an IPO - Venture Beat - "Adyen, the global payments processor that enables merchants to accept most kinds of payments online, on mobile, and in-store, has reported record revenues for 2016, having grown 99 percent year-on-year. The company said that it garnered €659 million ($727 million) last year, up from €331 million ($365 million) the year before."
- Itty-Bitty Purchase? Put It on My Card - eMarketer - "Credit card usage for small purchases has risen over the past 12 months, according to a CreditCards.com survey in March. Cash and debit cards still dominate for small purchases, but 17% of the respondents in the survey said that credit cards were their primary method of paying for purchases under $5. A year ago, only 11% said that."
- Blockchain for IoT: Promising, But Caution Needed - Coindesk - "Joe Pindar is CTO and director of product strategy at Gemalto, where he formulates roadmaps and prioritizes development to align the digital security provider with market trends. In this opinion piece, Pindar argues that while emerging blockchain technologies will gain traction in Internet of Things (IoT) applications, more work is needed to realize opportunities. "
ON THE WIRES
- Global Payments Announces New TouchNet® OneCard VIP™ Platform for Cloud-Based Campus Transactions - "Global Payments Inc. (NYSE: GPN), a leading worldwide provider of payment technology services, is pleased to introduce TouchNet® OneCard VIP™, its new vertically integrated platform for campus-wide transactions. This comprehensive solution represents new cloud-based campus ID software that simplifies student life, maintaining student access privileges and enabling payment transactions across colleges and universities."
- Juniper Payments, LLC Jumps Forward Into Bank and Credit Union Space with Acquisition of LendingTools.com Business - "Juniper Payments, LLC dba LendingTools.com today announces its purchase of the LendingTools.com business. The acquisition brings with it the LendingTools software as a service platform that has connections with thousands of banks and credit unions across the United States. The system is utilized as a primary payments and reporting mechanism for the financial institutions that utilize the service."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next public Boot Camp and Insight Workshop series is April 18-20 in New York City followed by Atlanta, May 16-18. Come for the two day boot camp or attend all three days. Check out our spring schedule here. We hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!