Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments strategy consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
ON THE WEB
- MasterCard adds fingerprint sensors to payment cards - engadget - "MasterCard is testing out new fingerprint sensor-enabled payment cards that, combined with the onboard chips, offer a new, convenient way to authorize your in-person transactions. Instead of signing a paper receipt or entering your PIN while struggling to cover up the number pad, you simply place your thumb on your card to prove your identity."
- Nothing new in UK Govt cyber security survey - Enterprise Times - "The 2017 UK Govt produced Cyber Security Breaches Survey is out and it says nothing new. Across 66 pages it repeats what businesses and the industry already know. Businesses are under prepared, under skilled and prone to cyber security breaches. What is worrying is that this is a situation that is not getting better."
- Orange is launching a bank because reasons - TechCrunch - "Just like N26, Revolut and others, you’ll be able to control your payment card directly from your phone. Transactions will show up instantly in the app and you’ll be able to block and unblock the card in a couple of taps in case you can’t find it. You’ll also be able to send money with a text message. So you can expect a peer-to-peer payment service like Lydia, Venmo, etc. Finally, Richard hinted at NFC payments with your phone. Orange already supports NFC payments on Android with Orange Cash, and using Apple Pay on iOS."
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands - NFC World - "“Payconiq makes payments easy — payees are selected from a contacts list, so there is no need to enter the IBAN account number. Stores are displayed on the basis of their location or selected by scanning a QR code. Online consumers can pay for their purchases via a QR code or a direct link to the Payconiq app. In Belgium, Payconiq has more than 25,000 connected merchants.” "
- Wealthfront has launched a lending product - TechCrunch - "Automated financial investment and advisory service provider Wealthfront is now getting into the lending business."
- How Online Shopping Makes Suckers of Us All - The Atlantic - "The right price—the one that will extract the most profit from consumers’ wallets—has become the fixation of a large and growing number of quantitative types, many of them economists who have left academia for Silicon Valley. "
ON THE WIRES
- Shopify Announces New Free Card Reader for In-Person Selling - "Shopify Inc. (NYSE:SHOP)(TSX:SHOP), the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses, today announced its new free Chip and Swipe card reader for in-person selling. With Europay, MasterCard and Visa (EMV) support, the new Chip and Swipe reader lets any Shopify merchant in the United States sell offline in a fast and secure way. "
- North American Bancard Offers Semi-Integrated Solutions - "North American Bancard (NAB) is offering semi-integrated solutions (SIS) as part of its point-of-sale (POS) offerings available now to merchants. Along with chip card (EMV) usage, semi-Integrated solutions enhance and further protect credit card transactions. "
- Billtrust announces availability of industry's first eInvoicing and ePayment Business Directory - "Billtrust, the leader in payment cycle management solutions, announced today the availability of the Billtrust Business Directory, the industry's first directory of small business eBilling preferences. Introduced at Billtrust CONNECT 2017, taking place in Orlando, Florida, this new offering has access to over 10,000,000 businesses in the US and their billing and payment preferences. Billtrust clients will be able to reach unprecedented levels of eInvoicing and ePayment adoption rates by leveraging this new solution."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next public Boot Camp and Insight Workshop series will be in Atlanta, May 16-18. Come for the two day boot camp or attend all three days. Check out our spring schedule here. We hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!