Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments strategy consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
ON THE WEB
- D+H, Misys Merger Will Create $2B Fintech Company - bank innovation - "Vista Equity Partners will acquire Canadian financial services provider D+H, and merge it with Misys — financial software provider — the company announced today. The merger will create, what appears to be, a mega fintech, serving 48 of the world’s top 50 banks, among other clients, and generating about $2 billion in annual revenue — or two unicorns-worth, in startup language."
- Fedwire and Chips to align with Swift gpi - Finextra - "Swift has taken a big step to realising one of the primary goals of its global payment initiative (gpi) by announcing an agreement with the Federal Reserve Banks and The Clearing House to support end-to-end payments tracking across their wire services."
- Credit Reports to Exclude Certain Negative Information, Boosting FICO Scores - Wall Street Journal - "The decision by the three major credit-reporting firms— Equifax Inc., Experian PLC and TransUnion—could help boost credit scores for millions of U.S. consumers, but could pose risks for lenders. The reports and scores often help decide how much consumers can borrow for a new house or car as well as determine their credit-card spending limit."
- Phone Scams and Phishing - FRB Atlanta Take on Payments blog - "While phishing attempts through electronic channels are undoubtedly up, the telephone call remains a valuable tool for fraudsters. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) just released its 2016 Consumer Sentinel Network Data Book and revealed that of the fraud-related complaints it received in 2016 with the method of initial contact reported, 77 percent of the respondents claimed that initial contact was made via telephone. Only 8 percent reported email as the method of initial contact. "
- Wirecard To Buy Citi's Merchant Acquiring Business In 11 Markets - Quick Facts - Business Insider - "Wirecard AG (WRCDF.PK) announced an agreement with Citigroup subsidiaries to purchase the customer portfolio of Citi's merchant acquiring business in 11 markets in Asia Pacific."
- MSC Cruises passengers to get onboard mobile payments and tailored holidays with NFC, beacons and biometrics - NFC World - "The MSC for Me service will make its debut on the MSC Meraviglia in June, which will be fitted with “16,000 points of connectivity, 700 digital access points, 358 interactive screens and 2,244 cabins with RFID/NFC access technology,” which will allow guests to use interactive bracelets for entry."
- Say Hello to the Multi-Blockchain Business Model - Coindesk - "Over the past six months, there have been over 25 investments in blockchain startups. Five have been for amounts greater than $10m. Here's the interesting part: all but one of the recent large investments have been in startups with a multi-blockchain business model, whereas a year ago, none of them were."
- 53% Of Manufacturers Use Marketplaces To Avoid Channel Conflict - Retail Touch Points - "B2B manufacturers are often cautious about establishing their own e-Commerce presence, due to fears about alienating retailers and other distributors. To avoid these channel conflicts, more than half (53%) of suppliers use third-party marketplaces to foster direct connections with consumers, according to a study conducted by Forrester Consulting and commissioned by Mirakl and SAP Hybris."
ON THE WIRES
- RBC first Canadian bank to launch Interac e-Transfer® using Siri - "Sending money with RBC is really as simple as it sounds. Once you give the voice command, the Siri feature will confirm the name from your payee list and the RBC Mobile app automatically debits your chequing account and sends the payment. The payment is secure and protected by TouchID."
- CardConnect Partners with Task Retail Technology to Provide Single Source Enterprise Platform - "Through this partnership, Task has integrated its platform with CardConnect’s latest product, Bolt P2PE, a plug-and-play solution for card-present transactions, providing customers with secure payment acceptance, advanced merchant services, and PCI-validated point-to-point encryption (P2PE) and tokenization for complete data breach protection. In addition to in-store services, the integration extends to e-commerce and online ordering."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next public Boot Camp and Insight Workshop series is April 18-20 in New York City followed by Atlanta, May 16-18. Come for the two day boot camp or attend all three days. Check out our spring schedule here. We hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!