Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments strategy consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
ON THE WEB
- Retailers Object to EU Plan for Stricter Online Security - Wall Street Journal - "Retailers are slamming a European Union proposal that would require customers to enter extra security information for online purchases above €10, saying the extra hassle could cut online sales by more than €11 billion a year. The European Banking Authority, an EU rule-making body based in London, said it aims to combat fraud by requiring customers to enter extra information, such as a PIN, but “will seriously consider” making changes. It plans to announce revisions by the end of this month."
- Australian banks drop Apple Pay fee request to focus on iPhone NFC access - NFC World - "The group of Australian banks arguing for the right to collectively negotiate with Apple over the introduction of Apple Pay in the country have dropped their request to jointly arrange how to “pass-through” additional fees Apple imposes on its mobile payment service, and will now focus solely on gaining access to the NFC functionality within the iPhone."
- Fintechs Spur Top Thai Bank to Create New Payments Platform - Bloomberg - "Kasikornbank Pcl, Thailand’s largest bank by revenue, plans to introduce a new digital-payments platform by the end of 2017 to counter threats to fee income from rival transaction networks."
- DNB spins off Vipps mobile payment service - Finextra - "More than 100 Norwegian banks are to take a stake in the Vipps P2P mobile payment app developed by DNB in a bid to block competition from rival Nordic platforms and the likes of Facebook, Google and Apple."
ON THE WIRES
- Apriva and Parlevel Systems Unveil One-Stop-Shop Vending Solution - "Apriva, a leading provider of omnichannel payment solutions and secure mobile communications, and Parlevel Systems, an innovative leader for vending technology solutions, announced today the enhancement of Parlevel’s unique, one-stop-shop solution for vending operators through the support of campus cards. In this partnership with Apriva, Parlevel delivers a full range of versatile hardware, equipment financing, flexible payment processing, campus processing, and analytics tools—all powered by an easy-to-use vending management system (VMS) for the food and beverage industry."
- Transpay Adds Global Payouts to Morocco - "Transpay, a B2B/B2P cross-border payments platform, today announced that its service offering had expanded to include direct-to-bank deposits in Morocco. Transpay clients are now able to send local currency payments to individuals' bank accounts in Moroccan dirham (MAD)."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
The next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp is March 7-8, 2017 in San Jose, CA. On March 9, still in San Jose, will be our Digital Payments Insight Workshop. Following that, our next public Boot Camp and Insight Workshop combination will be in New York City in April followed by Atlanta in May. Check out our spring schedule here. We hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!