Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments strategy consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
ON THE WEB
- Payments 2017 – One Month In - Glenbrook’s Payments Views (George Peabody) - "Now that 2017 is underway, it’s clearer that prospects for 2017 include increasing tectonic activity that will be rough or smooth depending upon which side of the tectonic plate you are standing on."
- Apple Q1: Apple Pay users tripled, transaction volume up 500% YOY, Comcast adding support for bill payments - 9to5Mac - "Cook confirmed that the number of Apple Pay users has tripled over the last year while noting billions in transactions during the December quarter alone. Transaction volume is up 500% year over year, according to the company, and the service is now in a total of 13 markets following recent launches in new countries abroad. For Apple Pay on the web, which allows the payments service to be integrated with website checkouts, Apple noted that over 2 million small businesses— and soon Comcast— are now accepting invoice payments with the service."
- Ripple lands first Middle Eastern bank - Finextra - "The National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) has become the first bank in the Middle East to use the Ripple protocol for cross-border payment transactions, joining a growing list of banks around the world adopting the technology."
- Chain Previews New Blockchain Privacy Tech 'Confidential Assets' - Coindesk - "Chain is seeking to provide a solution for blockchain privacy that would protect information about accounts, account history and asset privacy."
- Coin will shut down its product services at the end of February - TechCrunch - "Fitbit has made its plans for Coin clear since it bought the mobile payment company back in May of last year. At the time, the wearable maker announced that it was shutting down the Coin Developer Program, though cards would remain active until their batteries finally gave up the ghost."
ON THE WIRES
- Chargebacks911 and ACI Worldwide Combat £80 billion in Global Chargebacks - "Chargebacks911™, a Global Risk Technologies company and an internationally-renowned leader for risk mitigation, has today announced a new collaboration with ACI Worldwide (NASDAQ: ACIW), a leading global provider of real-time electronic payment and banking solutions. This alliance will enable more merchants to access the services they need to successfully fight illegitimate chargebacks."
- Evolve IP Completes PCI DSS Validation on the Evolve IP Compliance CloudTM - "Evolve IP, The Cloud Services Company™, today announced that it has achieved Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS) compliance covering all 12 sections of the PCI DSS. The validation is part of the Evolve IP's ongoing development of the Evolve IP Compliance CloudTM which also supports compliance for HIPAA and ITAR, as well as SSAE 16 SOC II. The company expects to be certified for HITRUST compliance and FFIEC compliance in Q2 of 2017."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are in San Jose, CA, New York, NY, and Atlanta, GA. See our spring schedule here. We hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- Join us at the 2017 FinTech Georgia Symposium February 9! Glenbrook is a proud sponsor of the 2017 FinTech Georgia symposium. Join us for this great event on February 9 in Atlanta. Reach out to Glenbrook's Elizabeth McQuerry, a board member of the Technology Association of Georgia, to schedule a meeting with the Glenbrook partners in town for the symposium.
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!