Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments strategy consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
ON THE WEB
- IRS to Coinbase: please identify active US traders between 2013 and 2015 - Ars Technica - "As part of an ongoing tax evasion investigation, the Internal Revenue Service has asked a federal court to force Coinbase, a popular online Bitcoin wallet service, to hand over years of data that would reveal the identities of all of its active United States-based users."
- PayPal Cross-Border Consumer Research 2016 - PayPal Global Summary Report - "China is the most popular cross-border online shopping destination for global online shoppers, followed by USA and UK. Portugal, Peru and Ireland are the countries where cross-border online shopping is most prevalent. Japan and Poland have the lowest incidence of cross-border online shoppers."
- 6 Takeaways From CoinDesk's Q3 State of Blockchain - Coindesk - "Once dedicated solely to developments on the bitcoin blockchain, the report now is divided into two sections, one on public blockchains (profiling bitcoin and ethereum) and the other on enterprise blockchains (capturing startups like R3CEV, Chain and DAH). Our full report offers a number of takeaways, though most are centered squarely on how this delineation is impacting the market."
- UK bank to extend trial of behavioural biometrics security - NFC World - "UK bank Natwest has trialled a behavioural biometrics system designed to offer continuous authentication throughout an online banking session, using more than 500 behaviour patterns to identify users and prevent fraud from unauthorised logins and automated attacks."
- Apple patent shows Siri inside iMessage to help with scheduling, payments and more - TechCrunch - "The patent, which was first spotted by the AppleInsider blog, explains how Siri could be used during a chat session to answer questions, schedule meetings, offer directions, provide weather information, check movie times, book dinner reservations, complete financial transactions and more."
ON THE WIRES
- Retail Realm's mAX Pay Extends Microsoft Dynamics AX in Payment Processing - "Retail Realm, a multinational retail-centric software developer and distributor, announces the global release of RR mAX Pay, an integrated software solution that maximizes Microsoft Dynamics® AX in the retail payments space. The company recently showcased mAX Pay at the Microsoft Dynamics US Industry Summit as a complete Dynamics AX retail payments integration with global industry leaders Shift4 Corporation and Ingenico Group."
- SkyMode among the First E-commerce Solutions to Support Apple Pay on the Web - "US mobile e-commerce sales are forecast to exceed $335 billion annually and represent more than half of all e-commerce transactions by 20201, according to eMarketer. Apple Pay for the Web, which has quickly become the 4th most popular online payment platform2, and similar solutions, such as Google's soon-to-be-available Android Pay, help increase conversion rates at the point of payment and are the first in a series of needed innovations to enhance the mobile purchase experience for retailers and their customers and close the mobile monetization gap."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are in Palo Alto, CA. See our fall schedule here. We hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - Palo Alto - December 6-7
- Insight Workshop - Palo Alto - Innovation in Payments - December 8
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!