Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments strategy consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
ON THE WEB
- Visa tells Europe to be ready for 3-D Secure 2.0 by April 2018 - Finextra - "As EMVCo prepares to unveil a major update to the 3-D Secure specification for authenticating online transactions, Visa says that it expects to set a migration deadline for European merchants of April 2018."
- PayPal’s $100 billion mobile payment milestone makes it eBay divorce winner - diginomica - "Over a year after its divorce from eBay, PayPal is looking at a significant milestone – over $100 billion mobile payments processed in the coming year. To put that into context, the firm has done $200 billion in volume across the whole of the last ten years."
- PayPal ramps up mobile payments business - Tech Crunch - "PayPal reported third quarter earnings after the bell on Thursday. The global payments company reported an 18% increase in revenue at $2.67 billion, when analysts were expecting $2.65 billion. Adjusted earnings per share stood at 35 cents, in line with Wall Street expectations."
- China Pushes for Blockchain Cooperation With New Research Report - Coindesk - "“[We] hope that all sectors work together to actively grasp the blockchain development trends and regulations...to create a favorable environment for development [and] accelerate the promotion of China's blockchain technology and industrial development.”"
- Error Message: Addressing Issues with Dual Interface #Transaction Declines - TMG - "At this point, TMG and its processing partner First Data believe this is only impacting Visa-branded cards at Verifone terminals. Depending on the merchant’s point-of-sale (POS) terminal, there could be a couple of different issues at play."
- Facebook Pages converts into purchasing platform, but further threatens big business - Mobile Commerce Daily - "The main features include new ways for customers to order, purchase or research purchases from a business directly through the Facebook app. For businesses of all sizes, the ubiquitous popularity of Facebook means that these new features will make interactions between brands and consumers on both ends a bit simpler."
ON THE WIRES
- Visa Direct Expands Its Reach With Real-Time, Card-Based P2P and Funds Disbursements Services - "Today Visa (NYSE:V) announced that Visa Direct continues to gain momentum as a faster payments solution through key partnerships with FIS and Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. (NASDAQ: JKHY) for person-to-person (P2P) payments, and Stripe, Hyperwallet and Ingo Money for faster business and government disbursements."
- Visa Introduces International B2B Payment Solution Built on Chain’s Blockchain Technology - "Visa is working with Chain to build Visa B2B Connect using Chain Core, an enterprise blockchain infrastructure that facilitates financial transactions on scalable, private blockchain networks. Building on this technology, Visa is developing a new near real-time transaction system designed for the exchange of high-value international payments between participating banks on behalf of their corporate clients. Managed by Visa end-to-end, Visa B2B Connect will facilitate a consistent process to manage settlement through Visa’s standard practices."
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Modo Announce Strategic Relationship - "Bank of America Merrill Lynch, a global leader in transaction services, and ModoPayments, LLC (Modo), an industry leader in digital payments innovation, today announced a strategic relationship that will give the bank access to Modo’s patented COIN® Operated Digital Payments Hub. Through the hub, Bank of America Merrill Lynch clients will have the ability to connect with multiple emerging payment networks. Furthermore, the new global capabilities can extend the reach of the bank’s existing digital business-to-consumer offering, Digital Disbursements."
- ETA Releases Guidance to Payment Facilitators with Voluntary Industry Best Practices - "The Electronic Transactions Association (ETA), the global trade association representing the payments technology world, released new Payment Facilitator Guidelines offering guidance and practices to these new entrants regarding settlement, registration, funding delays, fraud, security, and related issues. Authored by Double Diamond Group on behalf of ETA, these new guidelines will help promote the growth of the Payment Facilitators segment as it brings new technology companies into the payments industry. The Payment Facilitator Guidelines will be the cornerstone of benefits for companies that join ETA, the trade association of the payments industry."
- Vantiv First to Offer Verifone Carbon with Commerce Platform - "To help SMBs keep pace and win in the face of this transformation, Verifone (NYSE: PAY) and Vantiv, Inc. (NYSE: VNTV) today announced an agreement to bring the Verifone Carbon Commerce Platform to market in the United States as a key feature of the Vantiv SmartFit Solutions™."
- Shift4 and Mi9 Retail Announce Joint EMV Solution for Retailers - "Shift4 Corporation, provider of the DOLLARS ON THE NET payment gateway, and Mi9 Retail, a premier provider of merchandise management, store operations, customer engagement, and e-commerce software, today announced the general availability of their joint EMV-certified solution for retailers."
GLENBROOK AT MONEY2020
We're at Money2020 and we'd love to get together. If you have a payments challenge, want to know more about our Glenbrook payments education programs, or have a great story to tell, get in touch so we can schedule a meeting.
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are in Palo Alto, CA. See our fall schedule here. We hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - Palo Alto - December 6-7
- Insight Workshop - Palo Alto - Innovation in Payments - December 8
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Among other positions, we're looking for an East Coast engagement manger. Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!