Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments strategy consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
ON THE WEB
- ACI is Steadily Paving the Way for Central Bank Blockchains - Coindesk - "Constructed on a five-node network that runs on servers in Omaha, Nebraska, and Norcross, Georgia, ACI has built a blockchain proof-of-concept specifically designed to simulate how a central bank and four financial institutions could transact on a blockchain."
- Cards in space: Nationwide takes contactless to the edge of the earth - Finextra (re-posted just for fun) - "At an altitude more than three times higher than Mount Everest and as cold as Antarctica, Nationwide worked in partnership with First Data to develop a specially designed Clover Mobile terminal to process the pioneering transaction."
ON THE WIRES
- Raintree Systems Partners with TransFirst® - "Raintree Systems, a provider of highly-configurable, comprehensive EMR/EHR and Practice Management software and services solutions, has partnered with TransFirst, a leading provider of transaction processing services and payment enabling technologies."
- PayBySky Launches World`s First Autonomous Parking Payment Service for Calgary's ParkPlus System - "PayBySky uses a small in-vehicle device called a 'Skymeter' to pinpoint a vehicle's exact location so it can then make an automatic parking payment on your behalf using Calgary Parking Authority's ParkPlus account."
- International Card Establishment launches disruptive payment technology for the MJ sector plus grows and funds operations - "The company's core business is providing credit card processing, point of sale systems and online services for business providing legal and recreational marijuana across five states. The company started talks with three bitcoin companies in the last month to integrate bitcoin wallet and QR payments to its NetOne point of sales system. The company plans to finalize an agreement and will announce to shareholders once inked."
- Glance Pay Announces First Step in US Expansion - "“Glance Pay is experiencing strong growth in Vancouver and we are eager to bring Glance Pay to major cities across Canada and the United States,” says Penny Green, Glance’s Chief Operating Officer, “Now that we have set up our US subsidiary, our next step will be to form alliances in the US to set up Glance Pay for rapid growth.”"
GLENBROOK AT MONEY2020
We're at Money2020 and we'd love to get together. If you have a payments challenge, want to know more about our Glenbrook payments education programs, or have a great story to tell, get in touch so we can schedule a meeting.
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming this fall - in Palo Alto, CA and New York City. See our fall schedule here. We hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - New York - October 18-19
- Insight Workshop - New York - B2B Payments - October 20
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Among other positions, we're looking for an East Coast engagement manger. Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!