Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments strategy consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
ON THE WEB
- Inside Bank of America's New Microsoft-Powered Blockchain Project - Coindesk - "Microsoft has been digging deep into the data created by its $120bn treasury unit in search of real-world use cases where blockchain could cut costs."
- Simple rolls out shared bank accounts that work for anyone, including roommates - Tech Crunch - "Online banking service Simple is today rolling out a new product: shared accounts. However, unlike joint checking accounts typically shared by spouses, Simple’s shared accounts work differently. They allow customers to maintain their own accounts, but quickly fund then switch over to shared accounts to collaborate with each other on financial planning by tracking shared expenses, setting goals, and keeping an eye on the shared account’s “safe-to-spend” balance, which includes the money not already committed to bill payments and savings."
- 80pc of consumers experience mobile shopping satisfaction despite security concerns: report - Mobile Commerce Daily - "Mobile commerce is now a global phenomenon, says a new report from the Interactive Advertising Bureau, with 80 percent of customers from around the world saying they are satisfied with their smartphone shopping options."
ON THE WIRES
- EMVCo and PCI SSC Combine Expertise on 3-D Secure 2.0 - "Technical body EMVCo and PCI Security Standards Council have announced that they are collaborating to support the upcoming launch of 3-D Secure 2.0 (3DS 2.0). The announcement was made at the PCI Security Standards Council Community Meeting of global cyber security experts in Las Vegas, U.S, last week (20-22 September). "
- FICO Survey: US Credit Unions Lose "Primary" Status with Half of Millennials as They Age - ""While credit unions may not have the vast networks of ATMs and branches, these new smartphone-driven technologies allow them to level the field. Integrating the ability to transact online can help address the attrition they are seeing in the 25-34 year-old age group.""
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming this fall - in Palo Alto, CA and New York City. See our fall schedule here. We hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - Palo Alto - October 11-12
- Insight Workshop - Palo Alto - Payment Data - October 13
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Among other positions, we're looking for an East Coast engagement manger. Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!