Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments strategy consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
ON THE WEB
- The Company Quietly Handling Your Online Purchases - Bloomberg - "Adyen processed $50 billion in transactions in 2015, and has become Silicon Valley’s payment system of choice."
- Ad-blocking browser Brave launches payments, so you can support sites with cash, not ad clicks - Tech Crunch - "The ad-blocking web browser Brave, co-founded by Mozilla’s former CEO Brendan Eich, is today rolling out its grand experiment “Brave Payments,” which will encourage web users to reward their favorite sites by automatically and anonymously sending them Bitcoin-based micropayments. The idea here is fairly radical — online publishers have always relied on ad revenue to fund their sites, but Brave believes they would be happy to go ad-free if people were willing to fund them directly."
- Visa Incubator to Test Blockchain for Interbank Payments - Coindesk - "Visa’s London-based innovation lab has announced its latest blockchain trial will focus on interbank payments. Visa Europe Collab revealed today it has partnered with Toronto-based BTL Group to explore how the startup’s interbank settlement system can leverage blockchain and smart contracts to streamline domestic and cross-border payments between banks."
- Microsoft Launches Smart Contracts Security Working Group - Coindesk - "Microsoft has revealed it is organizing a working group dedicated to improving smart contracts security. Named 'Kinakuta', the group aims to make it easier for the industry to share information and tips about smart contracts, the term that somewhat loosely has come to refer to self-executing blockchain-based code."
- The Traditional Customer Journey No Longer Exists - Mediumhttps://medium.com/@ProphetBrand/the-traditional-customer-journey-no-longer-exists-efac2d4088ce#.9v04d7fj3 - "Customer experience used to have a clear beginning, middle and end. And most customers followed a similar path. But traditional customer journeys no longer exist. Today, these experiences are non-linear, unpredictable, and shared; and only a few companies are taking advantage of this new reality. "
ON THE WIRES
- PSCU and Glenbrook Release White Paper: Blockchain and the Credit Union: The Asset Transfer Revolution - "PSCU, the nation’s leading Credit Union Service Organization, and Glenbrook Partners, a payments industry strategy consulting and research firm, have collaborated on a white paper on blockchain technology and its potential for credit unions. The newly released white paper is now available for download online. Anyone interested in taking a deeper dive into the research can participate in a webinar on October 5."
- Boku Raises $13.75 Million in Further Venture Funding - "Boku, the world’s largest direct carrier billing mobile payments company, is pleased to announce that it has secured $13.75 million in further venture funding to expand carrier billing across numerous carrier connections in developed and emerging markets around the globe."
- Givex Launches Online Gift Card Customization for Small Business - "Givex, the proven platform for customer engagement and operational efficiency since 1999, announced today the launch of its latest innovation – an online gift card purchasing site and card builder for small businesses."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming this fall - in Palo Alto, CA and New York City. See our fall schedule here. We hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - Palo Alto - October 11-12
- Insight Workshop - Palo Alto - Payment Data - October 13
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Among other positions, we're looking for an East Coast engagement manger. Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!