Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments strategy consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
ON THE WEB
- The future of financial infrastructure: An ambitious look at how blockchain can reshape financial services - World Economic Forum - "Our findings suggest this technology has the potential to “live-up to the hype” and reshape financial services, but requires careful collaboration with other emerging technologies, regulators, incumbents and additional stakeholders to be successful."
- EMV Impacting Other Payment Initiatives - Convenience Store Decisions - "EMV is important, but chip cards alone won’t do the job of making data secure, especially if they’re only chip-and-signature rather than more-secure chip-and-PIN,” NRF Vice President for Retail Technology Tom Litchford said. “That’s why retailers are working hard on technology like point-to-point encryption and tokenization that will ultimately do more to achieve the goal of putting hackers out of business. And the sooner security issues can be resolved the sooner retailers can bring new innovations to the way shoppers pay for their purchases like mobile and digital wallets."
- PayPal is an original disruptor, but now it’s being disrupted - AdNews - "PayPal VP Ben Edwards said the industry is facing a “boiling ocean of disruption in”, in which the product is changing and the customer expectations are evolving rapidly."
ON THE WIRES
- FICO Survey: Millennials 2 To 3 Times More Likely To Switch Banks - "When it came to reasons for switching, 45 percent of Millennials aged 25-34 cited high fees as a key reason for leaving their bank. For younger Millennials aged 18-24, the number was also high at 36 percent. A negative experience when they missed a payment was the second biggest reason for 25-34 year-olds to switch banks. Inconvenient branch locations and too few ATMs were tied for third. In addition to these reasons, younger Millennials said they switched banks because they had a negative fraud-related experience."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming this fall - in Palo Alto, CA and New York City. See our fall schedule here. We hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - Palo Alto - October 11-12
- Insight Workshop - Palo Alto - Data in Payments - October 13
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Among other positions, we're looking for an East Coast engagement manger. Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!