Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments strategy consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
ON THE WEB
- PayPal Strikes Partnership With Visa - Wall Street Journal - "PayPal Holdings Inc. is coming to the checkout line. The online-payments provider has struck a deal with Visa Inc., announced Thursday by the two companies, that will make paying with PayPal an option when people pay in stores with their smartphones."
- Mastercard Buys Most of Britain’s VocaLink for $920 Million - Bloomberg - "VocaLink primarily processes non-card electronic payments in the U.K., where the company generates more than 90 percent of its revenue. The firm is developing a faster system for the bank-owned automated clearing house payments network in the U.S., a capability that would allow Purchase, New York-based Mastercard to better compete in the growing business-to-business and person-to-person payments markets."
- Could India Be the First to Get Rid of Cash? - Bloomberg Views - "But there’s good reason to suppose that cashless payments could be adopted much faster in India than elsewhere. It’s the classical example of leap-frogging. India’s many poor people and migrants still struggle to access its chronically inefficient banking system, despite the government's efforts at reform. If presented with an easy and frictionless way of transferring cash, there's no reason to think consumers wouldn't embrace it quickly -- just as most Indians skipped fixed-line telephony to go straight to mobile phones. Smartphone penetration is increasing faster in India than anywhere else in the world."
- M-commerce: has the mobile web finally won? - Search Engine Watch - "Not only are more smartphone users purchasing with their mobile devices, but more people are choosing to make those purchases via mobile web rather than via mobile apps."
ON THE WIRES
- Yardi and BluePay Collaborate for Faster, Easier Canadian Rental Payments - "Under the partnership, BluePay will work with Yardi Voyager® and RENTCafé® to process credit card, debit card and PAD payments made by residents of multifamily and condominium units, as well as commercial property tenants. BluePay will process payments and post deposits to property managers’ bank accounts “invisibly,” and landlords will receive the funds within hours."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming this fall - in Palo Alto, CA and New York City - we hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - Palo Alto - October 11-12
- Insight Workshop - Palo Alto - Data in Payments - October 13
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!