Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments strategy consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
ON THE WEB
- Brexit Jobs Threat At Credit Card Giant Visa - Sky News - "Hundreds of British-based jobs at the credit card giant Visa could be forced to relocate to the Continent in the wake of last week's EU referendum. Sky News has learnt that an agreement in the recent £17.5bn takeover of Visa's European operations by its American sister company included a stipulation that data from Visa card transactions should not leave Europe."
- Barclays banks on agile and DevOps to tackle competitive threats in fintech - Computerworld - "Barclays Bank opens up about how increasing competition in the financial services sector has fuelled its 18-month, company-wide campaign to increase its use of agile and DevOps methodologies."
- SMS Fraud Notification - FIS Blog - "The number of wrongfully rejected payments, or false positives, is growing, in part due to advanced fraud techniques and the increasingly technically advanced fraudsters. Inevitably, unrecognized fraud schemes increase the number of legitimate purchases being flagged as potentially suspect. This results in more transactions being incorrectly blocked at the point of sale (POS)."
- Ben Milne And Real-Time Payments | Pensive (Podcast) - Medium - "Ben Milne is the founder and CEO of Dwolla, a payments startup building the ideal way to move money, as quickly and safely as possible. Under Ben, the Des Moines-based company has raised over $32 million from investors, like Andreessen Horowitz and Union Square Ventures, and has been recognized by Fast Company as one of the world’s “50 Most Innovative Companies of 2014”"
- SWIFT and The DAO — A Financial Security Crisis? - Medium - "Cyber-security fears keeping financial bigwigs awake at night, especially after the $81m cyber-heist against SWIFT, proponents of distributed ledger technology (DLT) have touted its potential for near-unbreakable network security. But the draining of $50m from the Ethereum-powered DAO suggests both industries have some way to go."
ON THE WIRES
- CREALOGIX partners with Entersekt - "Entersekt, a world leader in transaction authentication and app security software, today announced a strategic alliance with CREALOGIX, a provider of leading-edge business applications to the financial industry. As the online and mobile channels continue to claim a greater share of banking and payments in the European market, financial services companies are looking for convenient, safe methods to authenticate transactions. With this partnership, CREALOGIX is able to offer mobile push-based authentication solutions to its customers in order to protect these channels."
- Kreditech launches Online Point-Of-Sales Financing: Beta Phase Integration with Naspers’ E-Payments Division - "The new integration allows customers to instantly finance their online purchases at charges comparable to local banks. Loan amounts are granted at up to EUR 5,000 and for a duration of up to 36 months. The process is fully paperless and is based on Kreditech’s innovative scoring technology combining it with state of the art KYC. Its user experience and user interface focus on the highest convenience for the customer."
- Index Secures $19M Series B Funding Led by General Catalyst Partners to Bring the Advantages of Ecommerce In-Store - "Index, a leading retail software company that brings measurement and personalization to the offline world, announced today that it has raised $19 million in Series B funding led by General Catalyst, along with Datalogix founder Rob Gierkink. The new capital will be used to accelerate Index's deployment to grocery, apparel and quick-service retail environments; reach new customers across the U.S.; and grow its engineering, product and business teams."
- Over 2000 Overseas Educational Institutions Accept UnionPay Cards for Tuition Payment - "On July 1st, UnionPay International announced that now over 2,000 educational institutions overseas accept UnionPay cards for tuition payment, covering well-known schools in popular destinations, including US, Canada, Australia, UK, New Zealand and Singapore. According to public data, the number of Chinese students who study abroad has exceeded 500,000 in 2015, with a year-on-year growth of about 14%. China is now the largest source country of international students for the US, the UK, Canada, and Australia. In this context, UnionPay International keeps improving its payment service for these students."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming this fall - in Palo Alto, CA and New York City - we hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - Palo Alto - October 11-12
- Insight Workshop - Palo Alto - Data in Payments - October 13
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
COMING UP IN ATLANTA ON FRIDAY, JULY 15
TAG FinTech presents: Lunch & Learn on Real Time Payments - After years of discussion, the notion of faster payments in the U.S. is rapidly becoming reality thanks to the efforts of the Federal Reserve's Payments Improvement Task Force and its participating firms. These new systems could fundamentally change how we think about person to person transfers as well as business payments. Of these efforts, The Clearing House's real-time payments initiative is among the furthest along and most ambitious. Get the details on its functionality, rollout and potential uses. Glenbrook's Elizabeth McQuerry is moderating the session.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!