Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments strategy consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
ON THE WEB
- News: Walmart pay exceeding expectations - The Wise Marketer blog - "More evidence that retailers are winning the battle for mobile payments loyalty through homegrown platforms: in his kickoff address at last week's CONNECT Mobile Innovation Summit in Chicago, Walmart Services SVP Daniel Eckert revealed that Walmart Pay, the retailer's proprietary mobile payment app, already boasts 20 million active users in the two months since its June launch across its 4,600 US stores."
- Insurance Giant MetLife Joins R3 Blockchain Consortium - Coindesk - "In the latest sign that the insurance industry is embracing blockchain and distributed ledgers, MetLife has announced it will join banking consortium R3CEV."
- Huawei Pay Mobile Payment Service in Collaboration with UnionPay Launched in China - Phone Radar - " Instead of getting a new license, the company opted to collaborate with Union Pay. By the time of launch, Huawei Pay supports 25 banks and also the travel card for buses. The Huawei Mate S launched at IFA 2015 is the first Huawei device to support mobile payments. It came included with NFC, Fingerprint sensor and built-in security chip."
ON THE WIRES
- QikServe and FreedomPay Address the EMV Challenge in Hospitality - "QikServe's patented 'Waiter in Your Pocket' technology lets guests order and pay for their food and drinks directly from a smartphone, web site or kiosk. The integration with FreedomPay's Commerce Platform enables QikServe to quickly deploy mobile ordering solutions that require traditional and emerging payments technologies like magstripe, EMV, ApplePay and near-field communication (NFC)."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming this fall - in Palo Alto, CA and New York City. See our fall schedule here. We hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - Palo Alto - October 11-12
- Insight Workshop - Palo Alto - Payment Data - October 13
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Among other positions, we're looking for an East Coast engagement manger. Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!