ON THE WEB
- Panic at the Checkout: Will EMV Friction Boost Mobile Payments? - FICO - "Here’s my theory: Mobile payments are predicted to triple in the US in 2016, but the huge growth won’t be due to anything like payments systems being embedded on new mobile phones, upgraded point of sale systems or loyalty programs. People will rush to mobile payments because they’re uncomfortable with using their new EMV cards."
- Card Chargebacks: Sorting Out the Facts - Take on Payments Blog - "As previous posts have noted, the Federal Reserve is making a concerted effort to collect fraud data for non-cash payment channels to develop a holistic view and understanding of fraud trends."
- The broken world of mobile payments and how to fix it - TechCrunch - "Why aren’t more people enjoying the convenience and ease of mobile payments?"
- Swipely Rebrands as Upserve, Launches Mobile App and New Tools for Restaurants - Street Fight - "The company announced this morning that it is changing its name to Upserve, and is expanding its suite of products aimed at helping restaurateurs optimize their sales and service, and manage their business on the fly."
- What Happened At The Satoshi Roundtable - Brian Armstrong - "My general view (which I articulated at the roundtable last weekend) is that bitcoin will be far more successful with a multi-party system working on protocol development than a single team with the limitations I mentioned above."
ON THE WIRES
- BBVA acquires Finnish banking startup Holvi - "Holvi, which was founded in 2011, and describes its offering as ‘Banking for Makers and Doers’, provides entrepreneurs, small and medium-sized businesses with a range of business services as well as traditional banking through its online platform."
- Digital Insight is First Solutions Provider to Introduce Android™ Fingerprint Authentication for Mobile Banking - “Biometrics offer a compelling feature for mobile banking applications, driving benefits for the end user as well as the financial institution,” said Dan Weis, senior product manager for Mobile Banking, Digital Insight. “We believe that consumers will want varying types of biometrics based on factors such as personal preference, their finger dexterity, their device preference, and even how they are dressed."
- Kasasa Enhances Consumer Rewards Accounts with New Credit Card Option - "Through CCAAQ, Kasasa institutions now have the opportunity to increase interchange revenue, credit card loan balances and product penetration per consumer while providing accountholders with a product unique to their marketplace."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming up in early April - both in New York City - we hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - New York City - April 5-6
- Insight Workshop - New York City - Global Payments - April 7
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!