ON THE WEB
- Why Your Bank Wants to Track Your Phone - Wall St. Journal - “The technology goes a long way in preventing fraud,” said Dominic Venturo, chief innovation officer at U.S. Bancorp.
- American Express’ digital wallet patent promises to innovate loyalty rewards - VentureBeat - "The patent application filed by American Express back in 2014, titled “Third Party Digital Wallet Pay With points”, describes a new system in which individuals with credit card reward points could use them at checkout on e-commerce sites."
- MasterCard using AI to turn staff into top sellers - CNBC - "The U.S. credit and debit card company has teamed up with U.K. start-up Rainbird Technology, which has developed the AI software to be trialed with MasterCard's staff in Britain."
- KPMG: Blockchain Could Be ‘Antidote’ to High Cost of Regulation - CoinDesk - ""Compared to cloud or data and analytics, blockchain technology has the potential to be much more revolutionary in creating new solutions which don’t exist in the marketplace today..."
- Key Blockchain Vendors, Cloud Providers Square Off in Major Test - Wall St. Journal - "Technology groups at Bank of America Corp., Deutsche Bank, Morgan Stanley, Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC and 36 other banks helped build the ledgers using base technology from rivals Chain Inc., Eris Industries Ltd., Ethereum, Intel Corp. and International Business Machines Corp."
- Commonwealth Bank cuts value of credit card reward points - Sydney Morning Herald - "Experts have predicted that other banks are also likely to cut the value of their credit card reward programs in response to Reserve Bank plans to limit credit card companies' payments to banks."
ON THE WIRES
- U.S. Bank Customers among the First to Enjoy Faster Person-to-Person Payments - “U.S. Bank is a pioneer in its mission to provide customers a safe and easy way to send money to another person anywhere in the country,” said Gareth Gaston, executive vice president of omnichannel banking at U.S. Bank. “U.S. Bank has invested heavily in clearXchange and parent company, Early Warning, because we believe person-to-person payments in real-time is the future of fast, secure payments."
- Suretap Adds Loyalty to Become Canada's Most Rewarding Digital Wallet - "Since launching the wallet with the support of Canada's leading wireless carriers, suretap has almost 1 million downloads and has integrated a wide range of encrypted virtual credit cards and gift cards into the wallet. The addition of loyalty rewards from merchants, airlines, hotels and other businesses represents another important step..."s
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming up in early April - both in New York City - we hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!