ON THE WEB
- Mastercard Plots £1bn Vocalink Takeover Bid - Sky News - "Sky News has learnt that Mastercard, which is one of the world's biggest credit card issuers, has approached the board of Vocalink about a deal that could be worth more than £1bn."
- CFPB: Dwolla misled users about security practices - FintechLab - "The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Wednesday took action against online payment platform Dwolla for deceiving consumers about its data security practices and the safety of its online payment system..."
- Deloitte Highlights Israel's Rise as 'Blockchain Hotspot' - CoinDesk - "The country’s unique experience with FinTech, cyber and cryptography, has positioned Israel as a hotspot for blockchain innovation."
- Bitcoin's nightmare scenario has come to pass - "This week the dire predictions came to pass, as the network reached its capacity, causing transactions around the world to be massively delayed, and in some cases to fail completely."
- Credit Unions Feeling Pinch in Wendy’s Breach - Krebs on Security - "A number of credit unions say they have experienced an unusually high level of debit card fraud from the breach at nationwide fast food chain Wendy’s..."
ON THE WIRES
- Leading LATAM eCommerce Player Linio Selects Payoneer to Disburse Cross-Border Payments to Sellers Worldwide - "Payments to international customers should not be a barrier to growth and we're excited to partner with Linio to turn this challenge and burden into an advantage for them," said Scott Galit, Payoneer CEO. "Marketplaces continue to develop as the leading ecommerce destinations, connecting buyers in local markets with sellers from around the globe, and Linio has done an amazing job building leading marketplaces in 8 countries in Latin America."
- Wallaby and The Points Guy Launch TPG To Go, Enabling Travelers To Easily Maximize Rewards Anytime, Anywhere - "Wallaby's mission is to make it easier than ever for people to save money, earn rewards, and simplify their lives," said Wallaby founder and CEO Matthew Goldman. Brian Kelly founder and CEO of The Points Guy, shares our vision. "TPG To Go is a natural extension of what we do on the ThePointsGuy.com and I am excited to work with Wallaby on the app that will help travelers earn the most rewards from their purchase," says Kelly.
- Fiserv Survey Shows Mobile Bill Pay as Number One Activity on Biller Websites as Consumer Demand for Effortless Financial Services Rises - "Visits to biller websites from mobile devices grew 42 percent over the past year and now make up 24 percent of all website visits. During these visits, bill payment is the number one activity, followed by bill views and customer self-service."
- Daon to Work with MasterCard on Driving Greater Convenience, Security through Biometrics - "The app-based authentication solution, commonly dubbed "Selfie Pay" by the media, leverages a mobile device to secure online payments and mobile banking applications using fingerprint and facial recognition."
- Federal Reserve Says Debit-Card Reform Has Helped Small Banks, Contrary to Bank Claims - "The Philadelphia Federal Reserve has just released a report that debit card reform has helped small banks. The report analyzed debit-card swipe fees since the Federal Reserve’s debit-reform regulations took effect in October 2011."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming up in early April - both in New York City - we hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!