ON THE WEB
- It's Not All About the Benjamins: IEEE Global Cybersecurity Survey Reveals Death of Cash by 2030 - "According to the results, when asked what year mobile payments would be secure enough to the point where traditional methods (such as cash and credit cards) would no longer be required, 70 percent of respondents indicated a major shift by 2030."
- The Amazon Tax - Stratechery - "The effect, though, is consistent: Amazon is collecting a “tax” on a massive industry and no one minds because Amazon’s scale ensures the best prices and the best experience."
- Why Apple and Samsung have already lost the mobile payments war in China - Tech in Asia - "That’s how Alipay got to 400 million active users – by making its service a genuinely better place to store your money than China’s unwieldy, fee-happy banks or credit cards."
- US House of Representatives - Energy and Commerce Committee Hearing: Disrupter Series: Digital Currency and Blockchain Technology - "On March 16, 2016, at 11:00 a.m. in 2123 Rayburn House Office Building, the Subcommittee on Commerce, Manufacturing, and Trade will hold a hearing entitled “The Disrupter Series: Digital Currency and Blockchain Technology.”
ON THE WIRES
- Virtual Reality and Payment Wearables Tee Off at the Arnold Palmer Invitational Presented by MasterCard - “Giving consumers the opportunity to immerse themselves virtually into experiences you can only get with MasterCard is a great way to showcase the exclusive offerings and access we’re delivering through our Priceless platforms,” said Raja Rajamannar, chief marketing officer, MasterCard. “What better place to highlight these new technologies than one of the preeminent PGA TOUR events, the Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by MasterCard.”
- TCS Launches Peer-to-Peer Mobile Payment Solution With DNB, a Leading Bank in Norway - "With 25% of Norway's population using 'Vipps' within six months of its launch, the P2P payment solution has helped DNB become a significant player in the highly competitive mobile payments space in a short span of time. Moreover, 85% of Norwegians know about the P2P payments platform and it is the #1 downloaded app in Norway."
- Mozido and Saavn Partner to Bring Mobile Payments to India’s Largest Music Streaming Audience - "Under the agreement, Mozido will integrate its mobile wallet payment platform as the preferred payment option for the Saavn Pro premium offering. The partnership enables Saavn to offer its Indian listeners access to a convenient payment option, while giving Mozido an opportunity to provide a broader array of financial and engagement services to Saavn’s young, tech-savvy and growing consumer base."
- Hitachi to Establish FinTech Research Organization in North America - "Hitachi today announced that it has decided to establish Financial Innovation Laboratory, a FinTech research organization in the Silicon Valley office of Hitachi’s Global Center for Social Innovation - North America (CSI-NA) in Santa Clara, California. The new organization will work together with CSI-NA in areas such as research & development of blockchain technology, a core technology of FinTech, and on collaborative creation with financial institutions."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming up in early April - both in New York City - we hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - New York City - April 5-6
- Insight Workshop - New York City - Global Payments - April 7
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!