GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Here's a quick reminder that we have two of our Glenbrook payments education events coming up later this month - both in Palo Alto, California - we hope to see you there!
ON THE WEB
- Fake Out – You Can’t Put Your Card in that EMV Slot - PaymentsViews.com (Allen Weinberg) - "Why are there so many EMV-capable devices already installed that have not been enabled to actually accept chip cards?"
- Why Microsoft Wants 'Every Blockchain' on its Azure Platform - CoinDesk - "Gray indicated the plan is for the Azure BaaS platform to scale up into a "certified blockchain marketplace" by this spring and that, at this stage, the technology providers undergo a more serious security vetting."
ON THE WIRES
- Silicon Valley Bank and MasterCard Announce the Latest Class of Commerce.Innovated. Accelerator - "We're excited to work with the next class of Commerce.Innovated.," said Reetika Grewal, head of Silicon Valley Bank's payments strategy. "The commerce and fintech sectors continue to gain momentum as startups work to balance innovation and their regulatory requirements. We love working side by side with these incredible entrepreneurs and lending our knowledge and networks to help them develop the infrastructure and operations that they need to accelerate their growth."
- Align Commerce Announces Establishment of Payment Rail to China - "In celebration of the Chinese Lunar New Year and to mark the opening of this payments corridor, Align Commerce will ring in the Year of the Monkey with an $8 USD flat fee, including foreign exchange fees, for all export-import payments to China from the United States (U.S.) for eight days."
- 61% of Merchants Still Store Unencrypted Payment Card Data - "The trend is encouraging in general, but there is still a long way to go," said Bill Davis, Director of Product Management at SecurityMetrics. "It surprises me that track data continues to be a problem. That's the Holy Grail for hackers."
- Glenbrook’s Carol Coye Benson will be at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 22-25. Let her know if you will be there!
- Real Time Payments in the US: Implications for the Payment Industry - Atlanta, GA - February 10, 2016. Glenbrook's Elizabeth McQuerry will be moderating this discussion on what "faster payments" really means, how it's been implemented in other countries, and how it may shape banking and how we pay.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!