ON THE WEB
- Atlanta's ‘Transaction Alley’: US Payment Processing Capital - WABE.org - "Every time you swipe, tap or insert your card and even pay with your phone, there's a good chance the transaction will be processed here in Georgia. That's because nearly 70 percent of all payment card transactions are processed here, and more than half of U.S. financial technology firms are based in the Atlanta area."
- Mobile wallets beware, UPI is here - YourStory - "The demise of mobile wallets in India would be quite a shocker. What will happen to all the seamless payments to your taxi vendors and favourite sumptuous food deliveries? The National Payment Corporation of India (NCPI), a primary body governing all retail payment systems in the country, may have some good news for you."
- A story about using Apple Pay - Medium (Nate Swanner) - "The takeaway for those dozen or so people waiting for a seat at the sushi place was that Apple Pay is quick and easy, and at least leaps and bounds better than chip cards."
- UnionPay transactions surge in Spring Festival spree - "China UnionPay transactions soared to yet another record high in the Spring Festival, the operator revealed Sunday."
- Turkey's Iyzico Beats PayPal to Unlock Iran's E-Commerce System - Bloomberg - "An Istanbul-based payments startup says it’s signed a deal that smooths the way for companies seeking to follow it into Iran’s $400 billion economy."
- Australian Regulator: Banks Didn't Collude Over Bitcoin Account Closures - CoinDesk - "The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has concluded that Australian banks did not collude in blocking services for bitcoin firms and that a full investigation into the affair is not necessary."
ON THE WIRES
- It's a holiday here in the U.S. today.
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Here's a quick reminder that we have two of our Glenbrook payments education events coming up later this month - both in Palo Alto, California - we hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
- Glenbrook’s Carol Coye Benson will be at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 22-25. Let her know if you will be there!
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!