ON THE WEB
- PayPal Commerce: The Next Revolution in Contextual Commerce - PayPal Blog - "PayPal Commerce provides the foundation for merchants and partners to create a wide variety of contextual commerce experiences. It supplies core API building blocks used in the development of customer-facing applications to reach and engage consumers beyond just their online storefronts."
- Mobile Payments Startup Payleven Raises Another $10M - TechCrunch - "Unlike Square, Payleven has from the start tried to build itself out as an international business, and currently, it’s live in 11 markets in Europe as well as Brazil."
ON THE WIRES
- BBVA increases fintech fund to $250 million - "Propel's managing partners are Jay Reinemann, Tom Whiteaker and Ryan Gilbert. Reinemann and Whiteaker were previously managing the BBVA Ventures fund, and Gilbert has been actively involved in several global financial services startups as a founder, investor and independent board member."
- Apple Pay Awareness, Adoption Plateau According to First Annapolis Survey - "Among those that have adopted Apple Pay, only 15% say they use it regularly or frequently (i.e., more than once per month), compared to 19% in the Spring survey."
- Wayerz Launches Global Payments Network to Provide Banks Real-Time Payment Tracking - "The GPN platform integrates directly with banks' current payment solutions to create a more comprehensible, transparent and predictable payment process without having to replace current platforms or wait years for new solutions to be adopted in the market.:
- Bacs Supports FinTech Company PFS to Become the First Non-Bank Entity to Enable Current Account Payment Switching - "Five years ago the banking industry teamed up with the UK government to introduce the 'faster switching rules' which allow customers to switch their bank or building society accounts quickly. Named the Current Account Switch Service, it was launched in September 2013 and over 2.5 million switchers have now used the service."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Here's a quick reminder that we have two of our Glenbrook payments education events coming up later this month - both in Palo Alto, California - we hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
- Glenbrook’s Carol Coye Benson will be at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 22-25. Let her know if you will be there!
- Real Time Payments in the US: Implications for the Payment Industry - Atlanta, GA - February 10, 2016. Glenbrook's Elizabeth McQuerry will be moderating this discussion on what "faster payments" really means, how it's been implemented in other countries, and how it may shape banking and how we pay.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!