ON THE WEB
- Bitcoin: How the Isle of Man is leading a cryptocurrency revolution - Independent (UK) - "While some jurisdictions, including the UK, continue to be cautious on cryptocurrencies, this crown dependency in the Irish Sea has set out its stall to become a global leader in the sector. Many are now referring to the Isle of Man as “Bitcoin Island”."
- PayPal, others buy stolen data from criminals to protect users - San Francisco Chronicle - "A dozen people — including several current and former senior executives at major Silicon Valley mainstays and cybersecurity vendors — detailed to The Chronicle the process and its importance to counterintelligence investigations."
ON THE WIRES
- PayPal Users Help Raise More Than $857 Million During Holiday Season - "This unprecedented level of year-end charitable giving was driven by the generosity of 7.24 million people from 183 countries who supported 258,759 charities around the world."
- Chase Celebrates ‘Big Game Week’ at Chase United VIP Lounges Exclusively for United MileagePlus® Cardmembers - "From February 4 to February 7, 2016, Chase United MileagePlus® Cardmembers are welcome–along with up to three guests each–to visit the VIP Lounges right in the heart of San Francisco at MarketBar in the historic Ferry Building as well as at the Westfield San Francisco Centre."
- Payments in Portland (OR) - Join us Thursday, January 28th from 5:30-7:30 PM to hang out with your colleagues and competitors to discuss all things payments! We'll have appetizers, Oregon beer and wine. For the first time, Payments in Portland is including a short topical briefing - this month on "B2B Payments - Promise and Problems." If you have a Portland payments presence and something to say on B2B payments, let us know! RSVP HERE!
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!