ON THE WEB
- MasterCard embeds payment in devices - Chain Store Age - "This collaboration builds upon MasterCard’s October 2015 introduction of the Commerce for Every Device program to enable any consumer gadget, accessory or wearable to become a payment device."
- Five Fintech Trends for 2016 - BBVA Blog - "The blockchain infrastructure was reinforced in 2015, with strengthening involving mining, exchanges, wallets and processors. 2016 is about innovating on top of it."
ON THE WIRES
- Blackhawk Network Acquires GiftCards.com and OmniCard.com - "We're excited to add another gift card website to our roster; with GiftCards.com often ranking high in search engine results, this acquisition is expected to enhance Blackhawk's leadership in the gift card ecommerce market," said Talbott Roche, Blackhawk Network's president.
- Apple Pay Now Available to Cardholders of ALINE Card by ADP for an Easy, Secure and Private Way to Make Payments - "Combining the convenience and accessibility of the ALINE Card with the security and mobility of Apple Pay offers our cardholders more flexible secure payment and shopping options," said Gary Lott, Division Vice President and General Manager at ADP. "We are proud and excited to be an early payroll card adopter of this innovative mobile payments service."
- Wirecard Further Extends Digital Services to ComfortDelGro with the Roll out of MasterPass in Taxis - "ComfortDelGro is a Singapore-based multinational land transport company which operates 46,500 vehicles in seven countries and manages the largest taxi fleet in Singapore. As part of the cooperation, Wirecard handled the technical integration of the wallet solution into the ComfortDelGro Taxi Booking App and is responsible for payment processing"
- Payments in Portland (OR) - Join us Thursday, January 28th from 5:30-7:30 PM to hang out with your colleagues and competitors to discuss all things payments! We'll have appetizers, Oregon beer and wine. For the first time, Payments in Portland is including a short topical briefing - this month on "B2B Payments - Promise and Problems." If you have a Portland payments presence and something to say on B2B payments, let us know! RSVP HERE!
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!