ON THE WEB
- How John And Patrick Collison Built Stripe Into The PayPal Of The Mobile Era - Forbes - "The best sign that the Collisons are up to the task is their own recognition of how difficult the road ahead will be."
- 2016 Reality: Lazy Authentication Still the Norm - Krebs on Security - "My PayPal account was hacked on Christmas Eve."
- Enter the Shoe Aisle, Feel Your Phone Buzz With a Personal Deal - New York Times - "The app that she had downloaded from ShopAdvisor used beacon technology, a new addition to location-based marketing, to pinpoint her whereabouts before sending the discount."
- 4 Trends That Will Shape Bitcoin Regulation in 2016 - CoinDesk - "The Blockchain Alliance serves as a resource for law enforcement to benefit from the expertise of some of the brightest minds in the blockchain industry for technical assistance in response to challenges faced during investigations."
ON THE WIRES
- Fidelity Investments, Visa and U.S. Bank Launch New 2% Cash Back Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature Card - "Under the new card program, U.S. Bank will issue the Fidelity® Rewards Visa Signature® Card and the Fidelity Investments 529 College Rewards® Visa Signature® Card4, where cardmembers can earn unlimited 2% cash back with no annual fees, caps or categories when directing rewards into eligible Fidelity accounts."
- Elavon Delivers Apple Pay™ for Canadian Businesses - "Apple Pay works with current Elavon EMV-contactless point of sale terminals in Canada. To pay, consumers simply hold their mobile device near the contactless reader, exactly as they would a contactless card today."
- Allied Wallet Integrates New Payment Solutions with Skadate’s Dating Website Software - "Skadate provides standalone software for creating dating websites online. With a turn-key software solution, they provide an affordable way for creating a dating website on a budget."
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!