ON THE WEB
- MasterCard on blockchain: 'We don't want to be blindsided' - Business Insider - "One of the top executives at MasterCard told Business Insider in an interview on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, that the company was "very, very interested" in the technology."
ON THE WIRES
- 45 leading banks sign up to SWIFT’s global payments innovation initiative - Wim Raymaekers, Head of Correspondent Banking at SWIFT, said: “Designed for the corporate treasurer, this initiative will enable banks to dramatically improve their customers’ cross-border payments experience. Leveraging SWIFT’s global community and the innovative application of its proven technology, the new service should find rapid adoption and make a hugely positive impact on the global payments landscape.”
- ACI Worldwide Introduces UP Retail Payments—Providing Industry’s Most Complete End-to-End Enterprise Payments Solution - "UP Retail Payments combines the control, choice and flexibility of BASE24 and UP BASE24-eps, ACI’s market-leading retail payment platforms, and UP Framework—which orchestrates any payment type, channel, currency or network—into a powerful end-to-end solution that banks and processors can customize quickly and easily to fit their payment needs now and into the future."
- IP Commerce Closes Series A Financing to Expand Commerce Sync® for Small Businesses - "IP Commerce, Inc., a leading provider of software that simplifies small business accounting, announced today that it has completed a Series A financing with participation from First Data Ventures, Intel Capital, Meritage Funds, Camp One Ventures, Augury Capital Partners and Service Provider Capital."
- U.S. Bank Adds Apple Pay® to Its U.S. Bank FlexPerks® American Express® Credit Cards - “Enabling Apple Pay for our U.S. Bank FlexPerks American Express Cardmembers continues our efforts to give customers choices in how they manage payments, as well as providing them an easy, secure and private way to pay,” said Cliff Cook, senior vice president for the U.S. Bank retail credit-card division.
- Payments in Portland (OR) - Join us Thursday, January 28th from 5:30-7:30 PM to hang out with your colleagues and competitors to discuss all things payments! We'll have appetizers, Oregon beer and wine. For the first time, Payments in Portland is including a short topical briefing - this month on "B2B Payments - Promise and Problems." If you have a Portland payments presence and something to say on B2B payments, let us know! RSVP HERE!
- Real Time Payments in the US: Implications for the Payment Industry - Atlanta, GA - February 10, 2016. Glenbrook's Elizabeth McQuerry will be moderating this discussion on what "faster payments" really means, how it's been implemented in other countries, and how it may shape banking and how we pay.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!