ON THE WEB
- Is a European consumer credit model coming to the US via ecommerce? - Medium (Yann Ranchere) - "There is a fundamental difference in the way retail consumer credit is built and distributed between the US/UK and Central Europe..."
ON THE WIRES
- PayPal Appoints Wences Casares to its Board of Directors - “I join PayPal’s directors and the entire PayPal team in welcoming Wences to our Board,” said Dan Schulman, President and CEO of PayPal. “Wences’s unique line of sight into the future of commerce is ideally aligned with PayPal’s vision of transforming the management and movement of money for people around the globe.”
- Navy Federal Eliminates Foreign Transaction Fees on all Credit Cards - "We always want to be doing the right things for our members, especially our Active Duty military," said Randy Hopper, vice president of credit cards at Navy Federal. "By eliminating foreign transaction fees, we're making it better for our members to use their credit cards, particularly while traveling or if they're based overseas."
- Barclaycard US Confirms Curt Hess As CEO - "Hess has been with Barclays for eight years, most recently holding the position of Chief Financial Officer for Personal and Corporate Banking in London. He has also served as CEO and CFO for Barclays Europe Retail and Business Banking, CFO for Barclays Africa Retail and Business Banking and CFO for Barclaycard."
- Payments in Portland (OR) - Join us Thursday, January 28th from 5:30-7:30 PM to hang out with your colleagues and competitors to discuss all things payments! We'll have appetizers, Oregon beer and wine. For the first time, Payments in Portland is including a short topical briefing - this month on "B2B Payments - Promise and Problems." If you have a Portland payments presence and something to say on B2B payments, let us know! RSVP HERE!
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!