ON THE WEB
- Can an Arcane Crypto Ledger Replace Uber, Spotify and AirBnB? - BackChannel (Scott Rosenberg) - "Windley is excited about using blockchains today to build registries. We need directories to find things; here’s a way to “put a directory on” anything without requiring a private-company middleman."
- 2016 Will Be the Year You Realize You Don’t Need the Blockchain - Ripple Blog - "All things considered, distributed ledger technology might not be necessary for your use case—though undoubtedly, it will make a lot of sense for some."
- Deloitte: Blockchain Will Become a Reality in 2016 - CoinDesk - "We expect to see existing use cases for blockchain technology come to life, completely new use cases emerge, and an increased number of joint product launches mostly from financial institutions and blockchain startups."
- Snapchat wants to manage your money - Quartz (Ian Kar) - "With the new offering, Snapchat would be entering the increasingly crowded field of “robo-advising"..."
- ‘Star Wars,’ and How a Force Helps the Federal Reserve - New York Times - The Upshot - "The money illusion doesn’t just help Hollywood. It also helps the Federal Reserve."
ON THE WIRES
- Allied Wallet Releases Next Gen Payment Gateway with Flexible, New API Platform - “We’ve built a system that will lead the payment industry, supporting 3rd party app development and even app creation within a new Allied Wallet App Store,” says CEO Andy Khawaja, “…our system is built to be entirely customizable and interactive.”
- Payments in Portland (OR) - Join us Thursday, January 28th from 5:30-7:30 PM to hang out with your colleagues and competitors to discuss all things payments! We'll have appetizers, Oregon beer and wine. For the first time, Payments in Portland is including a short topical briefing - this month on "B2B Payments - Promise and Problems." If you have a Portland payments presence and something to say on B2B payments, let us know! RSVP HERE!
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!