On the Web:
- Visa Chief Scharf Holds out Digital Payments As Olive Branch to Fee-Weary Retailers - Digital Transactions - "Instead of arguing over how transactions should be priced, Scharf said Visa is focused on bringing added value to merchants through services such as tokenization and Visa Checkout, the company’s digital wallet launched last summer."
- Apple Pay review: 3 months later - iMore.com - "Using Apple Pay is awesome and keeps me from pulling out my credit card all the time, but it's not so widespread that I can just leave my wallet at home."
- The 50 most innovative FinTech firms, 2015 - Financial Services Club Blog (Chris Skinner) - "These are the 50 most innovative fintech start-ups, as voted for by a panel that included yours truly."
- Apple Pay's success has rivals scrambling to catch up, could make PayPal an acquisition target - AppleInsider - "eBay will separate from PayPal sometime later this year, which could make the payments service with 150 million users an attractive acquisition target."
- How, and Why, Apple Overtook Microsoft - New York Times - "This week, both Microsoft and Apple unveiled their latest earnings, and the once unthinkable became reality: Apple’s market capitalization hit $683 billion, more than double Microsoft’s current value of $338 billion."
- Nine awesome Bitcoin projects at Princeton - Freedom to Tinker Blog - "As promised, here are the final project presentations from the Bitcoin and cryptocurrency technologies class I taught at Princeton. I encouraged students to build something real, rather than toy class projects, and they delivered."
On the Wires:
- Cardholders Enjoy Simple and Secure Online Shopping As More U.S. Retailers Sign Up for MasterPass - “Consumers like shopping but paying for things online can be challenging,” said Michael Cyr, Group Executive, North America Market Development, MasterCard. “MasterPass helps turn every online payment experience into an express checkout lane.”
- MasterCard Incorporated Reports Fourth-Quarter and Full-Year 2014 Financial Results - “Despite a mixed global economy, we delivered solid results for the quarter and for the full year in 2014,” said Ajay Banga, president and CEO, MasterCard. “This year is off to a good start with several new wins, as well as renewals of some important customer agreements, with more in the pipeline. Looking ahead, we will continue to be at the forefront of our industry by driving payment innovation with solutions such as MasterPass, and by increasing electronic payments usage globally as demonstrated by our significant expanded acceptance footprint across Africa.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Schedule Now Available!
- Our payments education schedule for this year is now available. Our spring Payments Boot Camp sessions begin in Menlo Park, CA on March 3-4 followed by New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding two one-day Insight Workshops this spring - B2B Payments on March 5 in Menlo Park and Payments for the Unbanked on April 16 in New York City.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews