On the Web
- Apple Makes A Beeline For Carrier Billing In Emerging Markets, Starting With Russia - Techcrunch - "It’s therefore a perfect storm for Apple and carrier billing: countries like Russia represent a lot of growth for Apple, and so it’s creating a way to make it easier for consumers in these markets to pay..."
- MasterCard, Visa Named Top Global Innovators - Wall St. Journal - "Six financial services firms are ranked among Boston Consulting Group’s annual list of top 50 global innovators. This is after two years of drought when no financial companies made the cut."
- Machine Learning and Big Data Know It Wasn’t You Who Just Swiped Your Credit Card - Scientific Computing - "Fraud detection is an arms race between good guys and bad guys. At the moment, the good guys seem to be gaining ground, with emerging innovations in IT technologies, such as chip and pin technologies, combined with encryption capabilities, machine learning, big data and, of course, cloud computing."
- Our thoughts on Ethereum - Medium (KPCB Edge) - "We think Ethereum as a software platform significantly adds to the potential ways blockchain technology could be used in an application’s technology stack."
- Q: What Might Drive Bitcoin Mass Adoption? - Medium - "As was the case on the early internet, the early pioneers mainly consist of the speculators, developers and scientists who see this potential, building out early infrastructure on top of the base transport layer, with the masses joining in only once the killer applications develop, not the other way around."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!