What I'm Reading...
- This weekend your editor will be reading former Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke's new book about the financial crisis: The Courage to Act: A Memoir of a Crisis and Its Aftermath. From the description: "Rich with detail of the decision-making process in Washington and indelible portraits of the major players, The Courage to Act recounts and explains the worst financial crisis and economic slump in America since the Great Depression, providing an insider’s account of the policy response."
- How about you? What are you reading? Drop me a quick note and tell me about it: firstname.lastname@example.org
On the Web
- Stripe Hires Thrive Capital’s Will Gaybrick as First CFO - Re/code.net - "Stripe appointed Will Gaybrick, one of its venture investors with a software engineering background, as its first chief financial officer."
- Using Apple Pay at Starbucks, KFC and Chili’s - New York Times - "Whether Apple can use mobile payments to lock people into its product ecosystem remains to be seen. The number of people who use devices for mobile payments is growing fast, but it’s still tiny."
On the Wires
- FBI Says Chip-Based Credit Cards Safer But Need PIN to Protect Against Fraud - "The National Retail Federation today said it agreed with a warning from the FBI that new chip-based credit cards are safer than traditional cards but still vulnerable to fraud and need to be used with a PIN instead of a signature to minimize risk."
- Apple Pay Now Available on the Fly Delta App - "Our Fly Delta app has come a long way since it was first introduced in 2010. More than 18 million customers have now downloaded the Fly Delta app and we are excited to be the first U.S. based airline to allow our customers to book and pay for their tickets with Apple Pay. By providing a way to pay for flights with just the touch of a fingertip, Delta continues to optimize our robust mobile channels and provide an easy-to-use and seamless digital experience for our customers," said Rhonda Crawford, Vice President - eCommerce.
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for October 13-14 in Palo Alto, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on October 15 on the topic of Global Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Russ Jones for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!