On the Web:
- Bitcoin and the Digital-Currency Revolution - Wall St. Journal - "No digital currency will soon dislodge the dollar, but bitcoin is much more than a currency. It is a radically new, decentralized system for managing the way societies exchange value."
- Winklevoss Twins Aim to Take Bitcoin Mainstream - New York Times - "The exchange, which the twins have financed themselves, is a risky bet, given that the virtual currency industry has been a target of hackers and has faced existential questions about its legitimacy."
On the Wires:
- MasterCard Removes Block on Cuba Transactions for U.S.-Issued Cards - "Today, MasterCard announced it is removing the current block on U.S.-issued card transactions in Cuba as of March 1, 2015. The action is based on recent guidance from the U.S. Department of Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control."
- The Merchant Advisory Group Releases White Paper on Debit Card Costs - "The most striking finding in the report is that in those issuer-provided surveys to the Federal Reserve it is clear that debit costs have decreased substantially over the past five years, yet there have been no coinciding changes to existing debit fee regulations."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Schedule Now Available!
- Our payments education schedule for this year is now available. Our spring Payments Boot Camp sessions begin in Menlo Park, CA on March 3-4 followed by New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding two one-day Insight Workshops this spring - B2B Payments on March 5 in Menlo Park and Payments for the Unbanked on April 16 in New York City.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews