On the Web:
- PayPal-owned Braintree to process $50bn-worth of payments this year - Telegraph - "Braintree, the PayPal-owned online payments processor, is on track to surpass $50bn in transactions made over its platform this year, as competitors grapple to win the lion's share of the burgeoning e-commerce industry."
- CFTC Ruling Defines Bitcoin and Digital Currencies as Commodities - CoinDesk - "With the ruling, the CFTC has also confirmed that bitcoin and other digital currencies are commodities covered by the Commodity Exchange Act (CEA). In the past, CFTC chairman Timothy Massad had stated that bitcoin was likely to be considered a commodity."
On the Wires:
- How Ready Are U.S. Merchants for EMV? - "The Strawhecker Group (TSG) released survey results today that illustrated only 27 percent of U.S. merchants will be EMV-ready by the October 1st liability shift. This represents a sizable decline from 34 percent estimated in March."
- Boku Brings Carrier Billing to the Coffee Shop - "Boku, the global leader in mobile payments using carrier billing, announced a new partnership with Japan’s largest coffee chain, Ueshima Coffee Co., part of the UCC Group, to bring carrier billing to its brick and mortar coffee shops across Japan. This is a first of its kind partnership that allows customers to top up their Ueshima Coffee cards using their mobile phone in order to purchase coffee, food, and other products in any Ueshima coffee shop."
- Himanshu Patel Appointed Chief Financial Officer of First Data Corporation - “Himanshu was one of the first executives to join the company after I arrived at First Data and, since then, has served as a thoughtful and trusted advisor for everyone on the leadership team, including me,” said Frank Bisignano, Chairman and CEO of First Data. “With Himanshu in this new role, First Data will have a world-class executive with an in-depth knowledge of both the financial community and payments industry as we approach the next chapter of our transformation.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for October 13-14 in Palo Alto, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on October 15 on the topic of Global Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Russ Jones for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!