On the Web:
- Vermont Considering to Employ Blockchain to Manage State Records - NewsBTC - "As it look for ways to utilize new innovations for its own record keeping applications, the State of Vermont has asked experts to submit a report on the blockchain technology."
On the Wires:
- Debit Industry Changes Markedly in 10 Years of Debit Issuer Study - “The past decade saw a major shift in consumer preference to paying with debit cards, which accelerated after the 2008-2009 recession,” said Steve Sievert, Executive Vice President of Marketing and Communications for PULSE. “We believe there is still opportunity for debit growth, considering that consumer use of debit for smaller purchases is rising, and the average active debit card is used about five times per week.”
- Worldwide EMV Payment Card Shipments Top 2.1 Billion in 2014 with 43% Issued into the United States and China, says ABI Research - ABI Research’s Senior Analyst Phil Sealy comments, “Although future growth for EMV card volumes may be limited, other revenue avenues are opening. All the major players including Gemalto, Oberthur Technologies, Giesecke & Devrient, and Morpho are balancing strategies in a bid to address next-generation opportunities."
- BitPay Brings Bitcoin to Payments Companies on Three Continents - "During the first half of 2015, the company has signed deals with PSPs Payfirma, Sonic Payments, BillPro, Kadu, OpenPay, and Ixopay. These payments companies are based on three continents and, in total, serve more than 100 countries."
- linked2pay® Launches Bank Centric Payments - “Bank Centric Payments leverages our proven, robust payments platform as a white label with the tools and access layers that make it easy and cost effective for a bank to provision low cost, feature-packed payment (card and ACH) solutions out to resellers and merchants (SMB and enterprise) in a secure and harmonized way" according to Robert McShirley, CEO of linked2pay.
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for October 13-14 in Palo Alto, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on October 15 on the topic of Global Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!