On the Web:
- CVS Probes Card Breach at Online Photo Unit - Krebs on Security - "Nationwide pharmacy chain CVS has taken down its online photo center CVSphoto.com, replacing it with a message warning that customer credit card data may have been compromised."
- How to scale: Lessons from Stripe CEO, Patrick Collison - Khosla Ventures - "Stripe CEO, Patrick Collison, talks with Keith Rabois about culture and recruiting. Hear why Stripe tries to hire people who are intrinsically happy, why they’re willing to recruit people who are not initially enthusiastic about the company and what makes their onboarding process unique."
On the Wires:
- Ethoca Secures USD $45 Million Growth Equity Investment Led by Spectrum Equity - “We are excited to have Spectrum Equity working alongside Ethoca to help accelerate the next phase of our global expansion and the delivery of new collaboration-based services to meet growing customer demand,” said Andre Edelbrock, CEO & Co-Founder of Ethoca. “Importantly, Spectrum supports our mission of reaching what we call ‘maximum acceptance’ – a place where good customers are never turned away and everyone benefits from the financial rewards that result when ecommerce can simply be about commerce.”
- Coming Monday: PayPal Celebrates Listing Day in Times Square - "On July 20, 2015, PayPal Holdings, Inc. will celebrate its new status as an independent public company trading on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the ticker symbol “PYPL” in New York’s iconic Times Square."
- Synchrony Financial Reports Second Quarter Net Earnings of $541 Million or $0.65 Per Diluted Share - “We continue to grow our industry-leading consumer finance business on several fronts. We have signed new partners across our platforms, extended key contracts, and made technology investments which are yielding innovative, value added services for our partners and customers. We also continued to deliver strong receivables, deposit, and revenue growth,” said Margaret Keane, President and Chief Executive Officer of Synchrony Financial.
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for August 4-5 in Mountain View, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on August 6 on the topic of Data in Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews