On the Web:
- Cash is dying in the developing world - Wired UK - "M-Pesa in Kenya is the mobile banking service that everyone knows, but in fact these days there are 261 different services across the world and they enable in total around 480 million transactions per month."
- No One Is Winning the Battle for Digital Wallet Customers - Gallup - "Though Apple is trying to change this trend with Apple Pay, Gallup analysis shows enthusiasm for digital wallets is still low. Only 13% of U.S. adults with a smartphone have a digital wallet on their device, and 76% of those who have a digital wallet have never used it or have almost never used it to make a purchase from a retailer in the past 30 days."
On the Wires:
- MasterCard Makes Apple Pay a Priceless Player in the Lineup for the 2015 MLB All-Star Game Presented by T-Mobile in Cincinnati - "MasterCard cardholders who use Apple Pay at contactless merchandise and concession acceptance locations at the T-Mobile All-Star FanFest taking place July 10th through July 14th or in-stadium at Great American Ball Park from July 12th through July 14th could get a little something extra – from All-Star branded premiums, autographed memorabilia to prepaid cards and more."
- CU Wallet, Relevant Solutions Partner to Integrate Location-Based Retail Offers with Mobile Payments Platform - “Mobile wallets that simply position themselves as a mobile payment solution will struggle to gain user adoption and usage,” said James Peil, CEO of Relevant Solutions. “By integrating relevant, location-based promotions and offers, CU Wallet has further positioned credit unions for success in the mobile payments market. Providing content that engages members before, during and after their in-store shopping experience helps credit unions win the battle for app mindshare at the point-of-sale.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for August 4-5 in Mountain View, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on August 6 on the topic of Data in Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events.
Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews